Befitting a loudspeaker of this name, MartinLogan has combined decades of innovations, and more, to reinterpret the uniquely detailed electrostatic loudspeaker. This is a flagship audio achievement for the 21st Century.
The pièce de résistance is the integration of MartinLogan’s award-winning 15-inch wide Curvilinear Line Source (CLS™) XStat™ electrostatic (ESL) transducer with its robust woofer section, the revolutionary melding of design and engineering.
Look at the familiar elements of the classic MartinLogan electrostatic loudspeaker: Advanced MicroPerf stator technology, which allows for almost twice the exposed electrostatic diaphragm surface as a traditional electrostatic panel of the same size. The panel is reinforced with rigid ClearSpar™ spacers, keeping an exact level of tension on the vacuum-bonded diaphragm without obscuring the beautiful see-through design. Add the slender, pointed-arrow design of the new AirFrame™ Blade construction; a powerfully evocative composition creating a harmonious connection between the panel and its woofer cabinet.
Some radical refinements include: The Renaissance ESL 15A woofer section, powered by new dual 500-watt Class-D amplifiers, and controlled by a 24-Bit Vojtko™ DSP Engine and ARC™ (Anthem Room Correction). Using two 12-inch laser-engineered low-distortion aluminum cone woofers in independently enclosed compact chambers, exclusive PoweredForce Forward™ bass alignment technology controls the interaction between the rear-firing woofer and the wall behind that woofer. With smart phase-shifting logic, MartinLogan minimizes the effect that wall has on bass information that might bounce back into the listening room. This uniform frequency response results in realistic bass effects you can feel. It’s one more way MartinLogan innovation improves your listening experience in any room.
Achieving the Laboratory Standard in Your Own Room
In the lab, MartinLogan engineers strive for transparency. Outside the lab, there’s one wildcard their engineers can never account for: Your listening room. The unique size and shape of your listening space (and the size and shape of its contents) can make bass waves do unpredictable things, greatly affecting a speaker’s overall performance.
For the first time in an electrostatic speaker MartinLogan is introducing the integration of exclusive Anthem Room Correction (ARC) technology. By engaging ARC to control the low-frequency curve in relation to the output of the ESL panel you will experience performance on par with MartinLogan’s audio test lab. ARC measures low-frequency sound output in your room and compares it to optimal response curves that account for spatial anomalies. The advanced algorithms of ARC then effectively remove the anomalies, leaving only the ideal standard: Realistically blended, natural-sounding bass performance in your listening space.
By minimizing room interactions with PoweredForce Forward bass technology and the advanced room correction capabilities of ARC, along with its unique synthesis of the ESL and bass sections, the Renaissance ESL 15A produces perfectly-etched imaging and focus; optimum natural reproduction of sound at lifelike listening levels; and agile, full-range operation in open air.
It is this level of ultimate performance that separates the merely excellent from a true masterpiece! Made in North America.
Finish Options: Available in Gloss Black, Gloss White, Dark Cherry, or Walnut.
Premium Finish Options: Available in Rosso Fuoco - Gloss, Cordoba Red, Deep Sea Blue, Basalt Black, Meteor Grey, Desert Silver, or Arctic Silver - all in Gloss Metallic.
- Frequency Response: 22–21,000 Hz ±3dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20—700 watts per channel
- Horizontal Dispersion: 30°
- Vertical Dispersion : 46" (116.9cm) line source
- Sensitivity : 92 dB/2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance : 4 Ohms, 0.5 at 20kHz Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Crossover Frequency: 300Hz
- High Frequency Transducer: XStat™ CLS™ electrostatic transducer. » Panel Dimensions : 46" x 15" (117 x 38cm). » Radiating Area : 690 in² (4,446 cm² )
- Low Frequency Transducer: Two 12” (30.5 cm) PoweredForce Forward™ woofers with cast basket, high excursion, rigid aluminium cone and extended throw drive assembly, non-resonance asymmetrical chamber format.
- Amplifier: Woofer: 2 x 500 watts/channel (4 ohms), 2 x 1,000 watts peak
- Room Correction (Bass Section): Anthem Room Correction (ARC™) ready (Sold Separately)
- Components: Custom-wound audio transformer, air core coils, polypropylene capacitors. 24-bit DSP based preamplifier (used with woofer amplifier).
- Audio Controls: Bass: ±10 dB under 75 Hz Mid-Bass: –2 dB, 0 db, +2 db Light: On, Dim, Off ARC™ Room EQ: On, Off
- Signal Inputs: WBT-0703Cu nextgen™ 5-way binding posts feature a filigree signal conductor made from gold plated, nickel free, non- ferromagnetic, pure copper for high conductivity and fully insulated. Free from eddy current effects.
- Inputs: AC Power, RJ45 (for ARC), mini USB (for ARC)
- Power Draw: Idle: < 0.5W/channel Max: 900W/channel
- Lighting: LED intensity control: on, dim, off
- Weight: 140 lbs. (63.5 kg)
- Dimensions: 69.8" x 15.75" x 28.9" (177.3cm x 40cm x 63.3cm)