The very breath of music flows as dynamic nuances and minute details are reproduced with the gentle touch of a master's brush. Thunderous low frequencies are delivered with authoritative and articulate control as you are transported into an environment of music that is effortless, natural, alive and whole.
Masterful in its pure revelation of music and magical in its ability to utterly disappear, the Pearl3 is a loudspeaker for music lovers that want to get off the upgrade merry-go-round and fall in love for life.
Housed in separate enclosures and linked by solid brass points, the Pearl's tweeter and midrange are isolated from the dual woofers below. The input posts are the Patented Cardas vise-type design (CE approved) for maximum contact. The aluminum cone woofers were custom created with additional magnet mass, and copper pole piece for the cleanest possible bass reproduction. The zinc alloy cast frame has extreme rigidity and narrow fingers to minimize any internal reflections.
A field array of tiny yet powerful magnets are spaced around the edge of the tweeter's voice coil, allowing the area behind the dome to remain clear of any reflective materials.
To hear the Pearl3's is to experience your favorite recorded music anew. You can relax and forget about the usual artifacts that cloud the sound and render it an artificial imitation. The Pearl3 propels you back in time to experience performance nuances and musical magic that lesser systems gloss over.
Available in Maple, Cherry, Rosewood, Piano Black, Sepeli or High Gloss White Finishes.
- Sensitivity: 86 dB SPL, with 2.83 volts RMS @ 1 meter, 4 pi (anechoic). Sensitivity combined with impedance indicates how much amplifier power is required for the loudspeaker to play at satisfying volume levels. When comparing this spec to low impedance (4 ohm) designs, you must add 3 dB to the figure, since 4 ohm loads draw twice the current from the amplifier, providing the illusion of greater sensitivity, while placing more stress on the amplifier’s power supply. The moderate sensitivity of the Pearl indicates that even smaller amplifiers can achieve realistic levels in all but the largest rooms.
- Impedance: 8 ohms nominal, 6 ohms minimum. System impedance indicates whether the speaker presents a "hard" or "easy" load on the amplifier. True 8 ohm speakers are less amplifier and cable sensitive, and partner well with a broader range of amplifiers, including tube designs.
- Crossover: 3-way Series/Parallel Asymmetrical Infinite Slope Crossover at 2 kHz & 130Hz. Constructed of specially selected components, woofer, midrange and tweeter crossover circuits are physically independent. Each network is tested and individually calibrated to a high degree of precision, resulting in a virtually perfect match to the original design prototype. The steep filter slopes ensure good acoustical behavior in the crossover regions, with a minimum of acoustical interference, along with low distortion and wide dynamic range. Driver acoustic responses are in-phase throughout the crossover regions.
- Frequency Response: The Pearl3 delivers a very smooth and even response over a very broad listening window. Unlike conventional low order crossover designs, the speaker retains its sonic balance over a wide angle both vertically and horizontally. This results in a higher level of fidelity than a simple on axis measurement can reveal.
- Listening Window Response: within 2dB from 25 Hz to 20 kHz.
- Dimensions & Weight: 43" (1092.2 mm) H x 11" (279.4 mm) W x 18" (457.2 mm) D.
- Shipping Weight approx 330 lbs. (145 kg) / Packed in 4 cartons.