Dedicated wide dispersion surround speaker with dual Folded Motion® tweeters and Folded Motion Cascading Bass-Reflex Port for deep, detailed bass response. Voice-matched with MartinLogan ESL speakers.
MartinLogan's dedicated in-house engineering team started by utilizing and refining the most advanced, compact technologies and combining them with innovative engineering. The result is an emotionally engaging sound that rivals (and most times trounces) traditional loudspeakers of similar size and price.
Motion 2/4, 6/8 & FX speakers feature convenient push-style speaker terminals and curved inserts help guide speaker wire effortlessly into place. The rubber end caps on the terminal are also removable for the use of banana plugs instead of bare wire. So simple, you’ll actually enjoy hooking up these speakers.
Folded Motion® Tweeters
The signature Folded Motion tweeters utilize extremely low mass diaphragms that "squeeze" air, and require significantly less excursion than the typical 1-inch dome tweeter, which drastically minimizes distortion while providing a lightning fast response time. The increased surface area also provides a wide, yet controlled sound dispersion to create a realistic and carefully etched sound stage.
Made in North America. Priced for a single speaker.
Available in Black or White Finish.
- Frequency Response: 70 - 25,000 Hz ±3dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20 - 160 watts per channel
- Horizontal Dispersion: 160°
- Vertical Dispersion: 80°
- Sensitivity: 91 dB/2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance: 4 Ohms Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Crossover Frequency: 4500 Hz
- High Frequency Transducer: Two 1" × 1.4" (2.6cm × 3.6cm) Folded Motion Transducer with 5.25" × 1.75" (13.3cm × 4.4cm) diaphragm
- Low Frequency Transducer: 5.25" (13.3cm) paper cone with cast aluminum basket. Non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format. Rigid structured dust cap to reduce cone break-up modes. Folded bass reflex port.
- Components: Custom air core coil inductors. Polyester film capacitors in series and low DF electrolytic capacitors in parallel. Overall system thermal/current protection.
- Inputs: Push style with banana jacks
- Weight: 9.5 lbs. (4.4 kg)
- Dimensions: 11.1" x 12" x 6" (28.2cm x 30.5cm x 15.2cm)