Dolby Atmos enabled height effects speakerswith 0.75-inch aluminum dome tweeter and 5.25” polypropylene cone bass/midrange driver with stamped steel basket, all incorporated into a beautiful High Gloss Black cabinet that is voice-matched with MartinLogan Motion speakers.
MartinLogan Motion AFX Dolby Atmos enabled speakers are designed to create a height layer of sound above the listener that better connects viewers with the richness, detail and clarity of the on screen experience.
The Motion AFX is designed to sit on top of floorstanding and bookshelf speakers in MartinLogan’s Motion series. These models include the Motion 15, 20, 35XT, 40 and 60XT. Designed to reflect sound off of the ceiling in a Dolby Atmos entertainment system, The AFX will also work with other brands of speakers with a flat top. For systems where a speaker-top mounting is not possible, other installation options are available.
Folded Motion® Tweeters
The signature Folded Motion tweeters utilize extremely low mass diaphragms that "squeeze" air, and require significantly less excursion than the typical 1-inch dome tweeter, which drastically minimizes distortion while providing a lightning fast response time. The increased surface area also provides a wide, yet controlled sound dispersion to create a realistic and carefully etched sound stage.
Immersive Dolby Atmos Experience
Dolby Atmos delivers captivating sound that places and moves audio anywhere in the room, including overhead, to bring entertainment alive all around the audience. Whether you are listening to music, movies, television shows, or playing your favorite video games, Dolby Atmos delivers the full impact of the entertainment experience.
Each Motion AFX speaker features a 0.75-inch aluminum dome tweeter and 5.25” polypropylene cone bass/midrange driver with stamped steel basket, all incorporated into a beautiful High Gloss Black cabinet. The shape of the Motion AFX cabinet is specifically designed to angle the drivers towards the ceiling in order to accurately deliver a Dolby Atmos sound experience above the listeners.
Made in North America. Priced for a pair.
Available in Gloss Black Finish.
- Frequency Response: 90 - 20,000 Hz ±3dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20 - 200 watts per channel
- Sensitivity: 87 dB/2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance: 4 Ohms Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Crossover Frequency: 2,000 Hz
- High Frequency Transducer: 0.75” (1.9cm) aluminum dome
- Low Frequency Transducer: 5.25” (13.3cm) polypropylene cone with stamped steel basket.
- Cabinet: Sealed
- Components: Custom air core and low dcr steel laminate inductors. Polyester film capacitors in series and low DF electrolytic caps in parallel.
- Inputs: Custom 5-way tool-less binding posts
- Weight: 8 lbs. (3.6 kg)
- Dimensions: 7.7" x 6.8" x 10" (19.5cm x 17.3cm x 25.4cm)