Focus ESL C18 is a versatile performance shelf or wall-mounted electrostatic center channel speaker, bringing realism into focus with an 18-inch wide XStat CLS electrostatic transducer with the detailed imaging capability of a Folded Motion tweeter, along with twin 6.5-inch woofers, capable of deep bass reproduction down to 50Hz.
On the wall or on the shelf, there has never been a more adaptable electrostatic speaker.
The goal is flexibility and performance, and the Focus ESL C18 achieves both. The sleek, sculpted enclosure is solidly braced, resonance-free and well-balanced. It is designed to be mounted above or below your screen. Heavy-duty wall-mounting bracket hardware is included, and the innovative brackets accommodate multiple mounting angles, so you can aim the Focus ESL C18 directly at your listening position for a perfectly aligned center channel presentation.
The Focus ESL C18 is also at home on a shelf or floor stand. Toggle the convenient “On-Wall/Off-Wall” acoustic contour switch to instantly optimize performance for any mounting position. This feature automatically modifies response to compensate for wall boundaries that may reinforce or inhibit bass output. The result is room-filling center channel reproduction with lifelike full-range verve. Installation flexibility and tailored center channel performance: Now you have more options than ever in your Masterpiece home theater system.
What makes the Focus ESL C18 a masterpiece of center channel design and engineering is its surprising ability to be wall-mounted. And while the Focus ESL C18 boasts a depth of just 9.6-inches when mounted flat on a wall, it is packed with technology that delivers the detailed audio you demand from a superior center channel loudspeaker.
The 7.5 x 18-inch Curvilinear Line Source (CLS) electrostatic panel, with its gentle horizontal curve, enhances output and extends the enveloping mid-range dispersion pattern. The design of the exterior grille matches the look of the MicroPerf Stators and bold AirFrame Blade seen on other models in the Masterpiece ESL Series, for a sophisticated and coordinated home theater system aesthetic.
Made in North America.
Finish Options: Available in Dark Cherry, Gloss Black, Gloss White or Walnut.
Premium Finish Options: Available in Arctic Silver, Basalt Black, Cordoba Red, Deep Sea Blue, Desert Silver or Meteor Gray all in Gloss Metallic & Russo Fuoco in Gloss.
- Frequency Response: 50 - 23,000 Hz ±3dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20 - 300 watts per channel
- Horizontal Dispersion: 30°
- Sensitivity: 90 dB/2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance: 4 Ohms Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Crossover Frequency: 470, 3000 Hz
- High Frequency Transducer: 1" x 1.4" (2.6cm x 3.6cm) Folded Motion Transducer with 5.25" x 1.75" (13.3cm x 4.4cm) diaphragm.
- Mid Frequency Transducer: Patented CLS™ XStat™ electrostatic transducer » Panel Dimensions: 7.5" x 18" (19 x 45.7cm) » Radiating Area: 135 in² (868 cm²)
- Low Frequency Transducer: Two 6.5" (16.5cm) cast basket, high excursion, rigid aluminum cone with extended throw drive assembly, non-resonance asymmetrical chamber format.
- Components: Custom-wound audio transformer, air core coils, low DCR steel laminate coils, polyester capacitors
- Audio Controls: Position: On-Wall / Off-Wall
- Signal Inputs: WBT-0703Cu nextgen™ 5-way binding posts feature a filigree signal conductor made from gold plated, nickel free, non- ferromagnetic, pure copper for high conductivity and fully insulated. Free from eddy current effects.
- Weight: 50 lbs. (22.7 kg)
- Dimensions (Table Mount): 9.6" x 43.2" x 9.2 " (24.4cm x 109.7cm x 23.4cm)
- Dimensions (Installed On Wall, Flat Mount): 9.4" x 43.2" x 9.6" (23.9 cm x 109.7cm x 24.5cm)
- Dimensions (Installed On Wall, Angled): 11.3" x 43.2 " x 11.5 " (28.8 cm x 109.7cm x 29.1 cm)