The ElectroMotion IW is a premium high-performance in-wall speaker that uses a 6.5-inch aluminum cone woofer and Folded Motion tweeter.
The Sound of Invisibility
The ElectroMotion® Architectural Series features MartinLogan's award-winning compact Folded Motion® thin film transducer technology, bringing a new standard in acoustical performance to in-wall and in-ceiling applications. Designed for those seeking the world's most articulate and dynamic multi-channel home theater systems, or simply a stealthy 2-channel system, the Architectural Series speakers are voice and timbre matched with one another, as well as the rest of the MartinLogan line of ultra-premium electrostatic and Folded Motion speakers.
Folded Motion® Tweeters
Folded Motion Tweeters work by moving air (which creates sound) perpendicular to the folded ridges of the diaphragm, similar to how an accordion works. This extremely low mass diaphragm "squeezes" air and requires almost 90% less excursion than the typical 1" dome tweeter, which drastically minimizes distortion while providing a lightning fast response time. The increased surface area also provides a wide, yet controlled sound dispersion to create a realistic and carefully etched sound stage.
A robust mounting-lock system allows quick, trouble-free installation. When not in use, the constant-control mounting locks are held securely within a self-contained housing. When moved into place during installation, they couple the speaker's chassis firmly to the ceiling. And if the speaker is ever removed, the locks retract and latch themselves back in their housings.
ElectroMotion architectural speakers feature ultra-low profile, paintable micro perforated grilles with no visible bezel for near invisible integration into any wall or ceiling. A magnetic system secures grilles easily into place, reducing the risk of warping or damage during installation.
Available in Paintable White.
Made in North America.
- Frequency Response: 47–25kHz ±3dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20 - 200 watts per channel
- Horizontal Dispersion: 80°
- Vertical Dispersion: 80°
- Sensitivity: 90 dB/2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance: 4 Ohms Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Crossover Frequency: 2,500 Hz
- High Frequency Transducer: 1" x 1.4" (2.6cm x 3.6cm) Folded Motion Transducer with 5.25" x 1.75" (13.3cm x 4.4cm) diaphragm.
- Low Frequency Transducer: 6.5" (16.5cm) aluminum cone with cast aluminum basket. Concave dust cap.
- Components: Custom air core coil inductors. Polyester film capacitors in series and low DF electrolytic capacitors in parallel. Overall system thermal/cur- rent protection.
- Inputs: Push style binding posts with banana jack.
- Weight: 5.5 lbs. (2.5 kg)
- Dimensions (overall size): 11" x 8.5" x 3.925" (27.9cm x 21.6cm x 10cm)
- Cut-Out Dimensions: 7.875" x 10.25" (20 cm x 26 cm)
- Projection From Wall Surface: .125" (.3cm)
- Depth Behind Wall Surface: 3.8" (9.7 cm)