The world's most sophisticated and elegant architectural loudspeaker, Edge sounds so clean and dynamic, you'd think it were a superb standalone design. Not surprising, since it borrows so much from our own, including Folded Motion XT drivers and aluminum cone, high-resolution woofers. A rigid aluminum chassis and die-cast mounting locks enhance performance and ease installation, while an rotatable tweeter and bezel-less magnetic grille provide incredible adaptability into any installation.
The Pinnacle of Discreet High-Performance Audio
Introducing three of the most ambitious architectural speakers ever created; Axis, Edge & Vanquish, all part of the Stealth Architectural Series. Each speaker utilizes MartinLogan's larger, low distortion Folded Motion® XT tweeter, along with black-aluminum, high-excursion bass and mid-range drivers, an advanced topology crossover network with polypropylene and low-DF electrolytic capacitors, custom wound inductors, and thermal and current protection. Premium wire connections, a gloss piano-black speaker baffle that hides all mounting hardware, solid one-piece cast aluminum chassis and bezel-less magnetic grille put the Stealth Series in a class of its own.
Folded Motion® XT Tweeters
The signature Folded Motion tweeters utilize extremely low mass diaphragms that "squeeze" air, and require significantly less excursion than the typical 1-inch dome tweeter, which drastically minimizes distortion while providing a lightning fast response time. The increased surface area also provides a wide, yet controlled sound dispersion to create a realistic and carefully etched sound stage.
The low distortion Folded Motion XT tweeter boasts a radiating surface 40% larger than those found in the award-winning Motion® Series products. This substantial leap in size increases the bandwidth and efficiency of the high-performance tweeter for effortless performance.
Design and Aesthetics
Stealth Series speakers are designed to disappear visually into the room, and each one has a completely bezel-less, low-profile, paintable grille for the ultimate stealth installation. MartinLogan's in-house design and engineering team also minimized the grille's perforated metal holes to create a more discreet look, without compromising the quality of sound. A magnetic system secures grilles easily into place, reducing the risk of warping or damage during installation.
They have also refined the look underneath the grille for those who want to show off their high-performance in-wall or in-ceiling speakers. The driver complements are held securely in place by a flush mounted 3/4-inch solid, high-gloss piano black baffle that hides all mounting hardware.
Key to their sophisticated sound is an advanced topology Vojtko™ crossover network. Each crossover is built on top of double-layered, super-thick, black PC boards and constructed with the highest-quality components. Internals including massive air-core coils, thick, high-purity 16-gauge copper wire, and low-distortion polypropylene capacitors ensure that every nuance of the audio signal is preserved.
Quick, Trouble-Free Installation
Critical to architectural products is their ease of installation. The Stealth Series continues MartinLogan's tradition of innovative engineering solutions which allow custom retailers to quickly and easily install their products. Each model features easy push style inputs and an extremely robust mounting-lock system that couples with the speaker's rigid aluminum chassis when installed. Axis and Edge in-wall models feature rotatable tweeters, which allows installers complete flexibility for both horizontal or vertical installation. Axis is sized to fit perfectly between standard 16-inch stud spacing for center channel applications.
Vanquish includes two toggle switches to tailor performance for whatever application is intended; either front left, front right, center channel, surround left or surround right.
Priced for a single speaker. Available in Paintable White.
Made in North America.
- Frequency Response: 42 - 25kHz ±3dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20 - 300 watts per channel
- Horizontal Dispersion: 80°
- Vertical Dispersion: 30°
- Sensitivity: 95 dB/2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance: 4 Ohms Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Crossover Frequency: 400, 1,800 & 3,000 Hz
- High Frequency Transducer: 1.25" x 2.4" (3.2cm x 6.1cm) Folded Motion XT Transducer with 4.5" x 2.75" (11.4cm x 7cm) diaphragm.
- Mid Frequency Transducer: Two 3.5" (8.9cm) aluminum cone with stamped steel basket. Concave dust cap.
- Low Frequency Transducer: Two 6.5" (16.5cm) aluminum cone with cast aluminum basket. Concave dust cap.
- Components: Custom air core coil inductors. Polyester film capacitors in series and low DF electrolytic capacitors. Overall system thermal/current protection.
- Inputs: Push style binding posts.
- Weight: 19 lbs. (8.62 kg)
- Dimensions (overall size): 27.8" x 8.3" x 3.9" (70.5cm x 21cm x 9.9cm)
- Cut-Out Dimensions: 7.6" x 27" (19.2 cm x 68.6 cm)
- Projection From Wall Surface: .2" (.6cm)
- Depth Behind Wall Surface: 3.7" (9.4 cm)