Illusion ESL C34A is the ultimate performance floorstanding center channel loudspeaker that blurs the lines between performance and reality by combining the dynamics of a 34-inch wide XStat CLS electrostatic transducer with the detailed imaging capability of Folded Motion XT tweeters, four 6.5-inch PoweredForce Forward™ woofers powered by a 250-watt Class-D amplifier, and controlled by a 24-Bit Vojtko™ DSP Engine and ARC™ (Anthem Room Correction).
A Masterful Cinematic Experience
There are no illusions about the performance of the Illusion ESL C34A. It is the ultimate high performance floorstanding electrostatic center channel loudspeaker. Its classic MartinLogan electrostatic panel and Folded Motion XTTweeters are uniquely integrated to powered woofer section - new technology joined with proven innovation producing a truly innovate center channel loudspeaker.
The Ultimate Center Channel Loudspeaker
This ambitious new center channel blurs the line between performance and reality by combining the unflinching accuracy of a 34-inch wide XStat™ CLS™ electrostatic transducer with the detailed imaging capability of dual Folded Motion XT tweeters. Additionally, four laser-engineered 6.5-inch aluminum cone woofers, driven by 250 watts of clean amplification with on-board Anthem Room Correction (ARC) technology, anchor the image to your screen and deliver massive cinematic impact.
The Illusion ESL C34A is timbre-matched to MartinLogan's flagship Masterpiece Series speakers to create a white-knuckle home theater experience of skidding car chases, blitzing battle scenes, or even intimately whispered dialogue within a seamlessly coherent surround-sound environment, making the Illusion ESL C34A the perfect center of your Masterpiece home theater.
Achieving the Laboratory Standard in Your Own Room
In the lab, MartinLogan engineers strive for transparency. Outside the lab, there’s one wildcard their engineers can never account for: Your listening room. Using ARC Technology to ensure seamless low frequency performance in a center channel speaker is incredibly important to the overall realism of the surround-sound system. The unique size and shape of your listening space (and the size and shape of its contents) can make bass waves do unpredictable things, greatly affecting a speaker’s overall performance. When you engage ARC to control the low-frequency curve in relation to the combined output of the ESL panel and the Folded Motion XT Tweeters (as seen in this graph), you will experience performance on par with MartinLogan’s audio test lab.
ARC measures low-frequency sound output in your room and compares it to optimal response curves that account for spatial anomalies. The advanced algorithms of ARC then effectively remove the anomalies, leaving only the ideal standard: realistically blended, natural-sounding bass performance in your listening space.
By minimizing room interactions with PoweredForce bass technology and the advanced room correction capabilities of ARC, along with the unique synthesis of the ESL, Folded Motion XT, and bass sections, the Illusion ESL C34A destroys the “illusion of playback.” Like other speakers in the Masterpiece Series, it presents an utterly natural and transparent performance, with realistic imaging detail on top of well-blended, wide-spectrum performance and intense, accurate bass, even at lifelike listening levels.
Made in North America.
Finish Options: Available in Dark Cherry, Gloss Black, Gloss White or Walnut.
Premium Finish Options: Available in Arctic Silver, Basalt Black, Cordoba Red, Deep Sea Blue, Desert Silver or Meteor Gray all in Gloss Metallic & Russo Fuoco in Gloss.
- Frequency Response: 45-23,000 Hz ±3dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20 - 600 watts per channel
- Horizontal Dispersion: 30°
- Sensitivity: 90 dB/2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance: 6 Ohms Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Crossover Frequency: 500, 2000 Hz
- High Frequency Transducer: Two 1.25" x 2.4" (3.2cm x 6.1cm) Folded Motion XT Transducers with 4.5" x 2.75" (11.4cm x 7cm) diaphragm.
- Mid Frequency Transducer: Patented CLS™ XStat™ electrostatic transducer. » Panel Dimensions: 8" x 34.5" (20.3 x 87.6cm) » Radiating Area: 276 in² (1,778 cm²)
- Low Frequency Transducer: Four 6.5" (16.5cm) cast basket, high excursion, rigid aluminum cone with extended throw drive assembly, non-resonance asymmetrical chamber format.
- Amplifier: 1x 250 watts/channel (4 ohms), 500 watts peak
- Room Correction (Bass Section): Anthem Room Correction (ARC) Ready (Sold Separately)
- Components: Custom-wound audio transformer, air core coils, polypro- pylene capacitors. 24-bit DSP based preamplifier (used with woofer amplifier).
- Audio Controls: Bass: ±10dB under 75Hz Mid-Bass: –2dB, 0dB, +2dB ARC Room EQ: On, Off
- Signal Inputs: WBT-0703Cu nextgen™ 5-way binding posts feature a filigree signal conductor made from gold plated, nickel free, non- ferromagnetic, pure copper for high conductivity and fully insulated. Free from eddy current effects.
- Inputs: AC Power, RJ45 (for ARC), mini USB (for ARC)
- Power Draw: Max: 300W per channel Standby: <1W per channel
- Weight: 90 lbs. (40.9 kg)
- Dimensions: 23.75" x 32.35" x 23.1" (60.3cm x 82.2cm x 58.6cm)