The ElectroMotion ESL X features a larger electrostatic transducer and dual woofers, with increased power-handling capabilities. As the flagship model of the ElectroMotion Series, the X establishes a new benchmark for price versus performance.
The ElectroMotion ESL X features a new larger XStat™ electrostatic transducer, with a radiating area over 50in2 larger than the EM-ESL model. Twin 8-inch high-excursion woofers are housed in a non-resonant asymmetrical bass reflex (ported) chamber, in a surprisingly compact enclosure. Woofers have custom engineered high-rigidity paper cones, with extended-throw driver assemblies. Component elements within the EM-ESL X replicate the design and performance of components used on many of MartinLogan’s more expensive loudspeakers, such as custom-wound transformers, air-core coils, large steel laminate inductors, polyester and low DF electrolytic capacitors. Custom 5-way bi-wire binding posts allow for secure wire connections. System Frequency Response is 41–22,000 Hz ±3db. Recommended amplifier power is 20–400 watts per channel. Impedance is rated at 6 ohms (1.6 ohms at 20 kHz); the EM-ESL X is compatible with 4, 6, or 8 ohm rated amplifiers.
A unique XStat™ transducer was developed for the ElectroMotion Series to reduce the gauge thickness of the electrostatic panel's steel stators. The reduced gauge does not alter the performance characteristics of the panel. However, as a natural byproduct of tighter build tolerances, it does increase the visual transparency of the panel. The EM-ESL X's XStat panel is so visually transparent it nearly vanishes when you're sitting and listening.
CLS™ XStat Transducer
One of MartinLogan's original breakthroughs, CLS™ (Curvilinear Line Source) technology, has been an essential ingredient of every electrostatic loudspeaker they have produced—and the ElectroMotion ESL X is no exception. Proprietary manufacturing methods enable construction of electrostatic panels as cylindrical sections. Their gentle horizontal curvature solves the problem of obtaining good high-frequency dispersion from a large radiating surface without compromising overall sound quality or reliability.
Made in North America. Priced for a single speaker.
Available in Black or Gloss Black Finish.
- Frequency Response: 41–22,000 Hz ±3dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20—400 watts per channel
- Horizontal Dispersion: 30°
- Vertical Dispersion: 40" (101.6cm) line source
- Sensitivity: 91 dB/2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance: 6 Ohms, 1.6 @ 20kHz Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Crossover Frequency: 400Hz
- High Frequency Transducer: XStat™ CLS™ electrostaic transducer » Panel Dimensions: 40" x 8.6" (102 x 22cm) » Radiating Area: 344 in² (2,244 cm² )
- Low Frequency Transducer: Two 8” (20.3 cm) high excursion, high-rigidity paper cones with extended throw driver assembly, non-resonance asymmetrical chamber format, bass reflex.
- Components: Custom-wound audio transformer, air core coils, large steel laminate inductors, polyester capacitors, and low DF electrolytic capacitors
- Inputs: Custom 5-way bi-wire tool-less binding posts
- Weight: 52 lbs. (23.6 kg)
- Dimensions: 59.2" x 9.4" x 20.7 " (150.3cm x 23.8cm x 52.6cm)