Unison Research Secondo Stereo Integrated Amplifier
The Unico Secondo exemplifies the outstanding level of knowledge and experience that Italian hifi manufacturers Unison Research have to offer, specifically in designing and constructing audiophile grade hybrid amplifiers. It features some similarities with other Unison Research models, while additional and newly developed features and functions allow the unit to sit in its own league.
One such improvement is the upgraded power supply circuits, with an additional secondary winding in the power supply transformer. This means that power dissipation is reduced, while the overall reliability of the amplifier is increased. The pre-amplification section, as well as the driver stages, are based on the technology designs used in the revered Unico SE and Unico 200 models, although they have been developed and enhanced further before being placed into the Unico Secondo.
The Unico Secondo uses two high-quality ECC83 (12AX7) valves to bring the iconic Unison Research tube sound to the performance, resulting in a truly warm and musically engaging sonic experience. RCA inputs, as well as a balanced XLR input are catered for on the rear panel, as well as an MM/MC phono input meaning that both higher end source components and turntables are directly compatible with the Unico Secondo, without the need for an external phono stage. A Tape Output and low-impedance Subwoofer out means integrating a headphone amplifier or expanding your system into a 2.1 channel set-up is done with ease and without compromising on quality.
Available in Black or Silver Finish.
- Output Power: 100W RMS on 8ohm 200W RMS su 4ohm
- Frequency Response: flat @ 10Hz- 0.5dB @ 100kHz
- Input Impedance: 50kohm // 47pF
- Input Sensitivity: 375mV
- Input Stage: Pure A Class. Double tube stage ECC83/12AX7
- Output Stage: Dynamic A Class double POWER MOSFET complementary pair
- Inputs: 5 line unbalanced, (1 phono optional), 1 line balanced
- Line Outputs: 1 tape, 1 sub (volume controlled)
- Outputs Connectors: 4 + 4 bi-wiring
- Damping Factor: >50 on 8ohm
- Feedback Factor: 8dB
- THD: <0.5% @ 1kHz, 100W su 8ohm
- Power Consumption: 400W max
- Dimensions: 43.5cm x 13cm x 43cm
- Weight: 15kg