Unico Nuovo integrated amplifier utilizes a similar design construct as the Unico Primo, but sees the integration of two ECC83 (12AX7) valves with a newly developed biasing solution. These are situated in a parallel double-triode design. By doubling the number of triodes used (when compared to the Unico Primo) and using this parallel configuration, a more refined sound is possible, resulting in a truly immersive listening experience.
The new biasing solution is based on a design found previously in premium phono stages. The process is called 'ionic bias', and consists of a specifically designed power supply, working alongside what Unison Research call 'the level shifter and signal follower' stages that are found after the triode stage. The overall result is an accurate, audiophile-standard sound reproduction.
An integrated MM/MC phono connection can be found on the back panel of the Unico Nuovo, allowing a no-fuss direct connection to a turntable, in turn removing the need for an external phono stage. A low-impedance stereo output is also found on the back, meaning that a powered subwoofer (or any other Line level input) can also be connected to the Unico Nuovo.
- Output Power: 95W RMS/ 8Ohm
- Frequency Response: -0.1dB @ 10Hz, -0.5dB @ 100kHz
- Input Impedance: 50kOhm // 47pF
- Sensibility: 260mV RMS
- Input Stage: Pure A Class, parallel Valve Stage, ECC83/12AX7
- Output Stage: Dynamic A Class POWER MOSFET complementary
- Input: 5 Line RCA (1 phono optional)
- Line Output: 1 tape, 1 sub (with volume control)
- Output Connector: 4 + 4 bi-wiring
- Feedback Factor: 10dB
- THD: 0.15% @ 10W/1kHz
- Power Consumption: 400W max
- Size: 43.5cm x 9.5cm x 43cm
- Weight: 16kg