The problems faced when crafting a new power amplifier are many—delivering sufficient power, control, frequency extension, and dynamics while maintaining a perfectly layered soundstage under the most complex musical passages.
All amplifiers sound different. What determines sound quality are the components and topologies of the amp’s input voltage stage and output current stage. Each section should complement the other. Between them, the amp develops its sound.
Stellar’s design imperatives - affordable pricing, and uncompromised sonics - were major challenges solved by the invention of a unique new circuit christened the Analog Cell.
Stellar engineer Darren Myers had planned from the outset to take advantage of Class D’s high current, low distortion, ruler flat linearity for the output stage - knowing full well it is the input stage that determines sonic character. This critical interface between preamplifier and power amplifier is where Stellar’s magic would be unveiled; where Myers could lavish upon the music the sweet, tube-like quality of Class A biased MOSFETs. His challenge was to synergistically marry both input and output topologies, for which he invented Stellar’s Analog Cell.
The Analog Cell is the heart of the M700’s musicality, where richly overlayed layers of music’s inner details are preserved even in the most complex orchestral crescendos. The Analog Cell is a proprietary, fully differential, zero feedback, discrete, Class A MOSFET circuit, hand-tuned to capture the smallest micro dynamics without sacrificing the loudest macro dynamics music has to offer.
- Mono power amplifier pair
- Zero-loss Analog Cell input stage
- Powerful MOSFET balanced output stage
- RCA Single ended input
- XLR “true” balanced input
- 350 watts into 8Ω
- 700 watts rms into 4Ω
- 2Ω stable
- Less than 0.1% thd 20Hz to 20kHz at rated power
- Damping factor 1100 for excellent loudspeaker control
- Front panel standby button
- Efficient operation with very little heat
- Dual, solid copper, plated, output binding posts
- 27 pounds
- Input 12 volt trigger
Available in Black or Silver.
- Unit Weight: 13 lbs [5.9 kg] / Shipping Weight: 16.5 lbs [7.5 kg]
- Unit Dimensions: 17” x 3” x 12” Chassis only. 13" deep including connectors.
- Voltage Options Factory set only: Japan 100V, North America 120V, Europe/Asia/Australia/New Zealand 230V
- Mains Power Inputs: IEC C14
- RCA (Unbalanced)
- XLR (Balanced)
- Speaker Outputs M700: Copper base nickel plated binding posts (2 pair)
- Other: DC Trigger Input, 3.5mm 5-15VDC
- Warranty: 3 years parts and labor
- Gain: 30.5dB +/-0.5dB
- Sensitivity for rated output power: 1.01V
- Noise: 1kHz@300 Watts <-100dB
- Input impedance M700: Unbalanced 50KΩ, Balanced 100KΩ
- Output Impedance: 50Hz, 2.8VRMS <0.007Ω
- Damping Factor:
- 50Hz. 2.8VRMS
- 8Ω >1100
- 4Ω >550
- Frequency Response:
- 10Hz – 20KHz +/- 0.5dB
- 10Hz – 50KHz +0.1/-3.0dB
1KHz, 1W/4Ω: <0.02%
10-20KHz, 1W/4Ω: <0.02%
10-50KHz, 1W/4Ω: < 0.05% (90kHz BW)
1KHz, 37.5W/4Ω: < 0.01%
M700 Mono Amplifier:
Output Power: 120vac mains, 1kHz, 1% THD
8Ω: 350W minimum
4Ω: 700W minimum
2Ω: Stable for musical transients