Bold in visual appearance. Prodigious in power output. Unrelenting in its musical accuracy. The most powerful MOON amplifier yet. Every decade or two an ideal borne from beyond the confines of Simaudio's economic reality comes into being. A team of dedicated and passionate professionals assemble with one singular goal in mind: to design and bring to the world a new superlative level of musical reproduction. It is a forward leap redefining what is possible.
The cumulation of technical expertise, combined with passion and a relentless pursuit for perfection has led to the creation of the MOON 888. This isn’t just another monoblock amplifier. It’s a statement. It is a concept taken to the extreme in every detail. The impressive power output is actually very modestly rated at a “mere” 1.2hp (888 watts). This is backed by a gargantuan power supply that coupled with an 8kW capacity output section on enormous cast-aluminum heatsinks can drive any load with complete effortlessness.
The ineffable clarity unleashes musical detail that was, up until now, considered unattainable. The MOON 888 can “track” the musical signal so accurately that it simply does not impart any character of its own. For the first time the awesome dynamics of real live music are possible in the playback chain.
Made In Canada.
Available in Black, Silver or Two-Tone Finishes.
- Massive single-piece cast aluminum heat sinks are manufactured using the same processes as high-performance racing engines.
- The heat sinks can dissipate energy far better than typical designs. Further CNC machining assures a fit & finish within 1/1,000”.
- Audio circuitry is integrated within the complex monolithic heat sink thereby dampening vibration down to the vanishing point.
- The transistors’ output section boasts a prodigious 8kW total rating, assuring the amplifier will always operates far below its capacity.
- Over 350,000μF of power supply energy storage and massive transformers for extreme power delivery.
- State-of-the-art componentry in all areas.
- All-aluminum chassis with cast and machined components assures exceptional heat dissipation and thermal efficiency.
- The finest rhodium-plated heavy-duty speaker output connectors.
- Output Power at 8Ω: 888 Watts (1.2HP)
- Output Power at 4Ω: 1776 Watts (2.4HP)
- Input Sensitivity: 2.4V RMS
- Input Impedance: 24KΩ
- Gain: 31dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 120dB @ full power
- Frequency Response (full range): 10Hz - 200kHz +0/-3.0dB
- THD (20Hz - 20kHz @ full power): 0.04%
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.006%
- Shipping Weight: 300 lb / 136 kg
- Dimensions (width x height x depth): 22 x 14 x 27 in / 55.9 x 35.6 x 68.6 cm