The MX100 A/V Processor is designed for today's home theaters that only need digital inputs and don't require any legacy analog inputs that were used in past years, decades, and centuries. It offers unparalleled McIntosh home theater performance in a streamlined design that gives you exactly what you need to enjoy all your favorite HD and 4K programming, Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD discs, and DVDs.
The MX100 has been designed to be heard but not necessarily seen. It's well suited to be installed in a hidden or out-of-the-way A/V equipment rack. It has rack-friendly 2U physical dimensions and rack mounting brackets to facilitate installation (the mounting brackets are removable for non-rack installations). Not limited to just rack installation, it also looks and works well when placed out in the open for all to see and enjoy.
It has 4 HDMI inputs and 1 HDMI output, with all being HDCP 2.2 compliant. Each HDMI port also has 18Gbps of bandwidth to support High Dynamic Range (HDR) formats Dolby Vision™, HDR10 and HLG; 4K Ultra HD at 50/60Hz; 4:4:4 color spacing; Rec. 2020; and 3D video pass-through. Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) functionality is included on the HDMI output. eARC offers improved bandwidth so the MX100 can receive higher resolution audio from your TV to produce the best possible sound quality. Two coax and 2 optical digital audio inputs are also included.
For outputting audio, the MX100 has 11.2 discrete audio channels, also known as a 7.2.4 home theater configuration. Seven premium 32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converters (DACs) provide audiophile grade processing for the best audio playback. The MX100 can be connected to your home theater amplifiers via its 13 balanced (also referred to as XLR) outputs. By utilizing balanced connectors, you can be assured of the cleanest sound being sent through your balanced audio cables to your amplifier(s) and ultimately to your home theater speakers and subwoofer(s). Bass and treble tone controls are included to help fine tune the audio to your personal preferences.
The MX100 is compatible with leading home theater surround sound and object-based 3D audio formats Dolby® Atmos and DTS:X™. It’s also fully compatible with 4K Ultra HD video sources for the best possible picture quality. To further help deliver the clearest and most earth-shattering sound possible, the MX100 can be fine-tuned to your home theater’s unique acoustical properties via the built-in Audyssey MultEQ® XT32 calibration software that has more than ten thousand individual control points allowing finer details of the room’s problems to be captured and corrected.
The MX100 can be used with any combination of McIntosh home theater amplifiers, such as the MI347 7-Channel Amplifier – which is rack mountable just like the MX100, the MC255 5-Channel Amplifier, or the MC257 7-Channel Amplifier among others. If you're using additional surround sound or ceiling speakers, add the MI254 4-Channel Amplifier or MI128 8-Channel Amplifier (both also rack mountable) to completely power your home theater with McIntosh power.
- Multi-Channel Outputs Balanced: 11.2
- Multi-Channel Inputs Unbalanced: 0
- Multi-Channel Outputs Unbalanced: 0
- Stereo Inputs Balanced: 0
- Stereo Inputs Unbalanced: 0
- Stereo Outputs Unbalanced: 0
- Digital Coaxial Input: 2
- Digital Coaxial Output: 0
- Digital Optical Input: 2
- AES/EBU Balanced Input: 0
- HDMI Input: 4 - HDCP 2.2, High Dynamic Range (Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HLG), 4K Ultra HD at 50/60Hz, 4:4:4 color, Rec. 2020, 3D video pass-through
- HDMI Output: 1 - HDCP 2.2, High Dynamic Range (Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HLG), 4K Ultra HD at 50/60Hz, 4:4:4 color, Rec. 2020, 3D video pass-through, eARC
- HDBT Output: 0
- USB: 1 Type A
- Component Input: 0
- Component Output: 0
- Composite Input: 0
- Composite Output: 0
- Subwoofer 2 Output: Yes (discrete signal from subwoofer 1)
- Network Connection: 1
- Max # of audio channels in Zone A: 13
- Additional Zone Outputs: 0
- Advanced Connections: Ethernet Web interface and firmware update, IP-based control
- Total Harmonic Distortion (DSP Bypass): 0.005%
- Dolby Processing: Dolby Atmos, Dolby Surround Upmixer
- DTS Processing: DTS-X, Neural:X Surround Upmixer
- Auro Processing: N/A
- Pure Stereo DSP Bypass Mode: No
- Video Scaling: N/A
- High Dynamic Range (HDR): Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HLG
- Third Party Control: RS232, Web IP, IR Input
- Tone Controls: Bass and Treble
- OSD Overlay on HDMI Output: Volume Only
- Input-Output Format Indicators: 0
- Control of McIntosh Sources: Yes, by handheld remote, 1 Data Out, 2 Power Control Trigger jacks
- Channel Formats: 11.2 (7.2.4), 7.1, 5.1, Stereo
- DSP Room Correction: Audyssey MultEQ XT32, Dynamic EQ / Dynamic Volume
- Microphone and stand included: Yes
- Network Features: N/A
- Unique Crossover Frequency, Each Speaker: Yes
- Special Features: Rear panel USB for firmware updating
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/2" (44.45cm) (19" (48.3cm with mounting ears)) x 4-15/16" (11cm) (including feet) x 21" (53.3cm) (including front panel and cables)
- Weight: 17 lbs (7.7 kg) / Shipping Weight: 39.5 lbs (18 kg)