McIntosh MX123 A/V Processor
The MX123 A/V Processor marries a long tradition of uncompromising McIntosh sound quality with the latest home theater technologies to bring you an unsurpassed luxury home entertainment experience. It is compatible with all the leading home theater surround sound and object-based 3D audio formats including Dolby® Atmos, DTS:X™ and Auro-3D®. It’s also fully compatible with modern 4K Ultra HD video sources and can upscale lower resolutions to 4K Ultra HD for the best possible picture quality.
The MX123 features upgraded digital audio processing capabilities that results in 2 more discrete audio channels, bringing the MX123 to 13.2 discrete audio channels compared to 11.2 in the previous model. These 13.2 discrete channels are available via both balanced and unbalanced audio outputs that can be used in a variety of home theater speaker configurations; 2 additional unbalanced outputs offer further connection flexibility. DSD and ALAC playback support have been doubled to DSD128 and ALAC 192kHz for better high resolution audio performance.
For the video needs of your home theater, the MX123 has 7 HDMI inputs and 3 HDMI outputs, with each being HDCP 2.2/2.3 compliant. They all also have 18Gbps of bandwidth to support High Dynamic Range (HDR) formats Dolby Vision™, HDR10 and HLG; 4K Ultra HD at 50/60Hz; 4:4:4 color spacing; Rec. 2020; and 3D video pass-through. Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) functionality is included on 1 of the HDMI outputs. eARC offers improved bandwidth so the MX123 can receive higher resolution audio from your TV to produce the best possible sound quality. Additional connections include: 4 digital audio inputs; 1 balanced and 8 unbalanced analog stereo audio inputs (including 1 dedicated as a Moving Magnet phono input to connect a turntable); an unbalanced 7.1 multi-channel audio input; 3 component and 4 composite video inputs; 1 USB Type A input; 2 unbalanced analog stereo outputs; and 2 composite and 1 component video outputs.
An exciting new feature on the MX123 is IMAX® Enhanced. IMAX Enhanced is a set of stringent performance standards established by IMAX and DTS® to create a consistent and higher bar for image and sound performance on premium devices. It utilizes a sophisticated, advanced algorithm designed to produce the highest-quality, sharpest 4K HDR images. IMAX and DTS will also partner with award-winning Hollywood sound mixers to use a special variant of the DTS:X codec technology included in the MX123 to deliver an IMAX signature sound experience in your home theater.
Streaming options1 on the MX123 have been upgraded from the previous model. The MX123 now includes Apple® AirPlay 2® along with Bluetooth® and Spotify Connect for easy streaming from your mobile devices. AirPlay 2 is an Apple technology designed to control home audio systems and speakers in any room – with a tap or by just asking Siri – right from an iPhone®, iPad®, HomePod™, or Apple TV®. It offers multiroom audio, Siri voice control, and enhanced playback. TuneIn is also included for further music streaming options – including McIntosh Music. To assist with streaming performance and reliability, wireless connectivity has been improved to include 2.4/5GHz dual band support.
Audyssey MultEQ® XT32 is included and will calibrate the MX123 to your home theater’s unique acoustical properties, letting it deliver the clearest and most balanced earth-shattering sound possible. Each discrete audio channel has its own 32-bit premium Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) to produce the best audio quality. Bass and treble tone controls plus a 9-band equalizer offer additional fine-tuning. The MX123 also gives you the flexibility to create 2 additional zones in your house and send select audio and/or video to each zone.
The MX123 can be paired with a variety of home theater amplifiers such as their MC303, MC255, MC257, MC8207, MI128 or MI254 amplifiers and any of their floor standing, in-wall or in-ceiling speakers to create an enviable and enjoyable cinema experience in the comfort of your home. Front panel buttons or a comprehensive remote control allow for easy system operation.
- Multi-Channel Outputs Balanced: 13.2
- Multi-Channel Inputs Unbalanced: 7.1
- Multi-Channel Outputs Unbalanced: 15.2
- Stereo Inputs Balanced: 1
- Stereo Inputs Unbalanced: 8 (including 1 Moving Magnet Phono)
- Stereo Outputs Unbalanced: 2
- Digital Coaxial Input: 2
- Digital Coaxial Output: 0
- Digital Optical Input: 2
- AES/EBU Balanced Input: 0
- HDMI Input: 7, HDCP 2.2/2.3, High Dynamic Range (Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HLG), 4K Ultra HD at 50/60Hz, 4:4:4 color, Rec. 2020, 3D video pass-through
- HDMI Output: 3, HDCP 2.2/2.3, High Dynamic Range (Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HLG), 4K Ultra HD at 50/60Hz, 4:4:4 color, Rec. 2020, 3D video pass-through, (1) eARC
- HDBT Output: 0
- USB: 1 Type A
- Component Input: 3
- Component Output: 1
- Composite Input: 4
- Composite Output: 2
- Subwoofer 2 Output: Yes, (discrete signal from subwoofer 1)
- Network Connection: 1
- Max # of audio channels in Zone A: 15
- Additional Zone Outputs: Zone 2: HDMI audio/video, component video, composite video, analog stereo audio, Zone 3: Analog stereo audio
- Advanced Connections: Ethernet Web interface and firmware update, IP-based control, Web Data Streaming, Apple AirPlay 2, Bluetooth, Spotify Connect
- Total Harmonic Distortion (DSP Bypass): 0.005%
- Dolby Processing: Atmos/True HD/Digital Plus&EX/Pro Logic IIz, IIx
- DTS Processing: DTS:X/Virtual:X/HD Master & High Res. Audio/ES/96/24, Discrete & Matrix6.1/Neo:6/Express/Neural-X
- Auro Processing: Auro 3D, Auro-Matic, Auro 9.1, 10.1
- Pure Stereo DSP Bypass Mode: Yes
- Video Scaling: 4K Upconversion
- High Dynamic Range (HDR): Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HLG
- Third Party Control: RS232, Web IP, IR Input
- Tone Controls: 9 Band Equalizer, Bass and Treble
- OSD Overlay on HDMI Output: Yes
- Input-Output Format Indicators: 9 in and 9 out
- Control of McIntosh Sources: Yes, by handheld remote, 1 Data Out, 2 Power Control Trigger jacks
- Channel Formats: 13.2, 7.1, 5.1, Stereo
- DSP Room Correction: Audyssey MultEQ XT32, Dynamic EQ / Dynamic Volume, DSX
- Microphone and stand included: Yes
- Network Features: Wi-Fi dual band 2.4/5GHz, Apple AirPlay 2, Bluetooth, Spotify Connect
- Unique Crossover Frequency, Each Speaker: Yes
- Special Features: IMAX Enhanced, Rear Panel USB-Apple Dock, HDMI in standby, Apple AirPlay 2, Bluetooth, Spotify Connect
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/2" (44.45cm) x 7-5/8" (19.37cm) (including feet) x 19-1/2" (49.53cm) (including front panel, knobs, rear panel connections and USB drive)
- Weight: 31 lbs (14 kg)