Extensive research and development, coupled with recent advancements in electronic parts have provided Simaudio with the foundation to design what may very well be the transparent, quietest, most accurate and uncoloured preamplifier. Targeted to the discerning listener who desires uncompromising musical reproduction, the 850P features numerous proprietary technologies.
Simaudio's M-Octave Damping damping system that eliminates the sonically degrading effects of microphonics by mounting the main audio circuit on an 8-point floating suspension. The result is a more natural, liquid and lifelike sound. Since listening environments are typically loaded with acoustically induced vibrations that originate from the loudspeakers, Simaudio use M-Octave to isolate the 850P from these microphonic-causing vibrations, allowing you to hear more music, exactly the way it was recorded.
Other in-house technologies include (i) i²DCf power supply voltage regulation, (ii) M-Ray volume control, with a phenomenal 530 steps, allowing for an extremely precise level adjustment, (iii) SimLink and (iv) M-Lock, just to name a few, as well as an RS-232 connection, IR port and 12 Volt triggers for custom-install environments.
Made In Canada.
Available in Black, Silver or Two-Tone Finishes.
- 2-chassis design with 1 chassis housing the power supply, digital controller circuitry, software processing & the LED display. The other chassis contains ONLY audio circuitry.
- Power supply voltage regulation includes i 2 DCf (Independent Inductive DC Filtering); 1 inductor for each and every IC in the audio circuit’s signal path – 40 stages in all.
- Gain offset adjustment of ±10dB for each line input.
- Each line input is fully configurable to be “home theater ready”, whereby the 850P’s volume control is bypassed.
- Number of Inputs - XLR / RCA: 3 pairs / 5 pairs
- Input Sensitivity: 200mV - 4.0V RMS
- Input Impedance: 11,000Ω
- Gain 9dB
- Number of Outputs - XLR / RCA: 2 pairs / 2 pairs (fixed + variable)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (20Hz-20kHz): 130dB @ full output
- Frequency Response (full range): 5Hz - 100kHz ±0.1dB
- Crosstalk @ 1kHz: -130dB
- Output Impedance: 50Ω
- THD (20Hz - 20kHz): 0.0005% Intermodulation Distortion: 0.0001%
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 18.75 x 4.0 x 16.5 in. / 47.6 x 10.2 x 41.9 cm.
- Shipping Weight: 151 lb / 67 kg