The HiFi Rose RA180 is a state-of-the-art Integrated Amplifier that goes beyond the limits of traditional amplifiers and up-to-date technologies.
The RA180 has dramatically improved linearity by reducing power damping by 1/10th. Enjoy the pure nature of the R180, a near-perfect sound that crosses the boundaries of digital and analog.
New Concept Class A/D Amplifier
Amplifiers have changed from Class A to AB and Class D. The high heat and low efficiency of Class A required a new design, so Class AB was developed. However, Class D has even higher efficiency and higher output than Class AB.
It also has dramatically improved the Signal-to-Noise ratio and Total Harmonic Distortion Characteristics over Class A and AB.
However, despite these advantages, due to the limitations of digital circuits, the sound quality has been evaluated as poor compared to A/AB.
The GaN (Gallium Nitride) Class AD amplifier developed by HiFi ROSE is an innovative new product. Dramatically improving on the problems of Class D.
Next Generation GaN FET-Applied Class AD Amplifiers
Class D amplifiers are theoretically completely linear at 0% distortion and 100% power efficient. It is a topology that provides the output, and to implement it, the speed of and accuracy must be a prerequisite. However, previous products exhibited non-linearity due to the limitation of the switching element (Silicon FET).
It was weak compared to Class A/AB in this area, which produced a soft and natural sound. It was a costly limitation.
In the HiFi ROSE RA180, this problem has been solved by new materials. Instead of low-quality Silicon FET chips, the Dead-Time was improved to 10 by applying Gallium Nitride FET chips.
This linearity pushes the limit of Class D, while being soft and producing a natural sound.
4 Mono Amplifiers - Multi Output Configuration using Modules
Each channel of the RA180 amplifier is equipped with an AMP module specialized for stable bass and balance and a module specialized for soft treble and super tweeter area, with 2 modules.
Each AMP module supports 200W (8 Ohms) and can output up to 400W per channel. There are 2 independent modules that divide the high and low frequencies respectively, so that the speaker and, when connected, Bi-Amping has a driving force which is increased without being affected by the back electromotive force.
BTL Mode combines the output of two independent modules to produce a thicker and more balanced sound.
Treble Design that Reproduced even the Super Tweeter Area
The human hearing range is known to have an upper limit of 15 - 20KHz. So why would it be necessary to build an amp with a higher range?
Using modern research and experience it's now perhaps a good time to question this belief. Temporary high treble can extend well beyond 20KHz. For example, the trumpet has a frequency response that expands up to 100KHz.
The ROSE RA180 has an output range of 20Hz - 50Khz, 100Khz@-3dB, 200KHz @-6dB. The frequency response range is designed to be wide so that high-resolution sound sources are not filtered. This ability might be beyond human audible range, but at a wide frequency it faithfully plays the area. The depth and width of the sound and the realism will contribute to the expression.
Stable Power Supply
The power supply circuit, developed exclusivly for the RA180, is designed with 4th generation SiC FET technology to provide high performance and high efficiency compared to typical Si FET.
In addition, ROSE have developed a 2.5 KW Power Factor Circuit (PFC) and a large capacity capacitor. This is designed to allow the unit to be unaffected by sudden load fluctuations. The power unit is developed to support a damping factor of 200 and a total of 1000W of power.
As the heart of the amplifier, it is designed to produce powerful bass and soft treble faithfully.
Phono Amp with Variable EQ
The Phono amplifier section on the RA180 has the goal of accurately reproducing the intent of the Producer.
It is designed to support a variety of record players with mid and low frequency bass turnover and high-frequency roll-off adjustment.
Amplification of the very weak audio signal is captured from the cartridge and processed without colouring and faithfully keeping to the original sound.
- Overview - Line Input x3, Balance x1, Phono x1, Supports a total of 5 external inputs. Volume is motorized and adjustable remotely.
- Tone Control - You can control the Treble, Bass and Balance attributes.
- Active Crossover - By eliminating the low frequency range, it specialized only the high frequency area and outputs it to enable clear treble playback.
- Main Volume - The main volume is motorized and is adjustable remotely.
- Pure Direct - The input signal can be bypassed without balance, tone control, and active crossover to increase the purity of the sound quality.
- Speaker AB Selector - You can connect two speakers, and you can adjust the switch to select the speaker.
- Power LED Brightness Adjustment Switch - Adjust the brightness on the front of the product in 3 steps.
- Subsonic Switch - Block the ultra-high frequency to prevent ultra-high noise from negatively affecting the speaker.
- Sound Reduction Switch - Reduce the amount of volume output to a minimum step.
- Overview - A power breaker was adopted to improve the conductivity of the input electricity, and the resolution of the sound quality was improved by securing a wide passage of the input.
- BTL Mode - Four Mono Amplifiers are combined into two amplifier blocks, each supporting 400W (8 Ohms) output per channel.
- Power Input Terminal - It adopts FURUTECH terminals milled in pure copper, optimised for audio, and delivers the purity of the input electricity without interfering with it.
- Subwoofer Output Support - Connect with active subwoofer units to provide a rich bass listening experience.
- Amplifier Output:
- 4 ohms 200W x 4ch (800W)
- 8 ohms 200W x 4ch (800W)
- BTL Mode On 400W x 2ch (800W)
- Input Sensitivity:
- Balance Input: 2,000mV ( X 200W x 4ch)
- Unbalance(Line 1,2,3) Input: 1,000mV ( X 200W x 4ch)
- Phono(MM/MC) Input: 5mV / 0.5mV (X 200W x 4ch)
- Impedance Input:
- Balance Input: 44k ohms
- Unbalance(Line 1,2,3) Input: 47k ohms
- Phono(MM/MC) Input: 47k ohms
- Bandwidth (OdBr33dB/80):
- Speaker Output: 10Hz ~ 100kHz ( X 100W x 2ch),
- H/F Speaker Output: 10Hz ~ 100kHz ( x 100W x 2ch)
- Frequency Response: (1W,0:1dB/80):
- Speaker Output: 10Hz ~ 100kHz ( X 1W x 2ch)
- H/F Speaker Output: 10Hz ~ 100kHz (X 1W x 2ch)
- THD Measure: Balance & Unbalance(Line 1,2,3) Input: 0.006%(50W) (-X 200W x 4ch),
- Damping Factor: Speaker & H/F Speaker Output: >150 ( X 200W x 2ch)
- Signal to Noise Ratio Measure(S/N):
- Balanced, Unbalanced / Phono MM
- 108dB / 106dB / 79dB (MM) ( X 200W x 4ch)
- Impedance Output:
- Speaker Output: 53m2 ( X 200W x 4ch )
- Subsonic Filter with On/Off Switch: -3dB: 50Hz (X 1W x 4ch)
- Tone Control with On/Off Switch: Bass(100Hz) / Treble(10KHz): +/-15dB ( X 1W x 2ch(Speaker Output))
- X-Over with On/Off Switch:
- 600Hz ~ 6KHz ( X 1W x 2ch(H/F Speaker Output))
- Turnover: Flat 300Hz (+7.7dB@100Hz) 400Hz (+11.7dB@100Hz) 500Hz (+13dB@100Hz) (X RIAA), 700Hz (+14.5dB@100Hz)
- Roll-Off: Flat 1.6KHz (-16dB@10kHz) 2.1KHz (-13.7dB@10kHz) (X. RIAA), 3.18KHz (-11dB@10kHz) 3.4KHz (-8dB@10kHz) 6.36KHz (-5dB@10kHz)
- Design: Size: 430 (W) X 350 (D) X 110 (H) (Including feet : 430 (W) X 391 (D) X 130 (H) mm)
- Weight: 16.7kgs. / 36.8 lbs.
- Body: High Purity Aluminum
- SMPS (800W) ( X Maximum Output : 1,100W),
- Voltage: AC100-240V, 50/60Hz ( X Standby Mode Power Consumption < 0.5 W),
- Audio In/Out Setting: Trigger: Trigger Voltage Can Be Turned On: 3.3 V ~12 V
- Remote: IR Input: 38 kHz Infrared Ray (Operating Distance Within 10 m),