A dual-mono, class A/B design with balanced differential circuitry, it exhibits all the sonic hallmarks which MOON products are globally known for: an airy, detailed and open top end, transparent and 3-dimensional in the mid-range, robust, powerful and authoritative in the bass. In a nutshell, the 760A will amplify music with all the harmonic accuracy, richness and dimensionality of a live musical performance.
A DC-coupled amplifier with Simaudio's own "zero global feedback" circuit, the 760A has both balanced (XLR) and single-ended (RCA) inputs, but will sound best when driven via its XLR inputs. The heatsinks are crafted from custom made aircraft-grade aluminum extrusions and covered with thermally transparent paint which will not fade or discolour over time.
When mated with the MOON 740P Preamplifier, the 760A becomes a formidable, ultra-high performance amplification package for its price.
Made In Canada.
Available in Black, Silver or Two-Tone Finishes.
- Simaudio's “no overall feedback” amplifier circuit design which results in the following: real-time amplification; more accurate musical reproduction with respect to tonality; non-existent transient intermodulation distortion; the elimination of common phase errors resulting from feedback.
- An oversized dual-mono power supply using a custom proprietary toroidal transformer design.
- “Class A” power output to 5 watts for greater efficiency.
- Full unsolicited RS-232 bidirectional feedback and 12 Volt trigger input/output for remote operation.
- Self-diagnostic system that detects both over-heating and the presence of DC in the input signal.
- Output Power at 8Ω: 130 Watts per channel
- Output Power at 4Ω: 260 Watts per channel
- Output Power - Bridged Mono at 8Ω: 500 Watts
- Input Sensitivity: 900mV RMS
- Input Impedance: 47,500Ω
- Gain: 31dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 104dB @ full power
- Frequency Response (full range): 10Hz - 200kHz +0/-3.0dB
- Crosstalk @ 1kHz: -102dB
- THD (20Hz - 20kHz @ 1 watt): 0.015%
- THD (20Hz - 20kHz @ 130 watts): 0.04%
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.01%
- Shipping Weight: 45 lbs / 20 kgs
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 18.75 x 4.0 x 18.1 in. / 47.6 x 10.2 x 46.0 cm.