If you crave lower distortion, evenhanded sonics, and visceral power from your records, the Ortofon Quintet Bronze needs to be on your short list. The slim profile of its Nude Fine Line diamond stylus tracks even the highest frequency information. Additionally, its larger footprint ensures reduced distortion and record wear. Bronze's evenhanded character means that every type of music is conveyed with tremendous accuracy, precision, and dynamics.
Incredible Performance for the Cost: Moving-Coil Cartridges Traditionally Command Higher Prices
A serious MC cartridge, Quintet Bronze outshines many competing models that cost twice as much. Given its price, Quintet Bronze represents a new accomplishment in high-end audio. Seldom, if ever, has a moving-coil cartridge of this caliber been available at this cost. Ortofon's Quintet Series is primed to become one of the most celebrated cartridge lines in recent memory.
Precise Reproduction Plus Seamless Compatibility With Most Preamplifiers and Transformers
The MC Quintet Series continues Ortofon's unrelenting commitment to providing the most precise and accurate analog reproduction possible without introducing coloration. A special ABS (Acrylonitrile/Butadiene/Styrene) thermoplastic material is used in manufacturing the cartridge body. This lightweight, impact resistant material is extremely suitable for injection-molding and provides a durable, scratch-resistant surface. Neodymium magnets are implemented to achieve an optimal output. Low internal impedance makes the cartridge less sensitive to load, and therefore ensures compatibility with a wide range of preamplifiers and transformers.
Excellent Ease of Use and Setup
Mounting the Quintet Bronze couldn't be any easier. The aluminum frame has threaded mounting holes and is fitted with the supplied 5mm or 7mm screws (depending on the thickness of your headshell). The Quintet Bronze's right angles, straight lines, stylus visibility, and ample distance between the record surface and cartridge's bottom allow listeners to correctly mount and align the cartridge and tonearm without problem. You'll be spinning records in no time.
- Output Voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec.: 0.3 mV
- Channel Balance at 1 kHz: < 1.2 dB
- Channel Separation: 1 kHz: > 23 dB / 15 kHz: > 15 dB
- Frequency Range at - 3dB: 20 - 25.000 Hz
- Frequency Response 20-20.000 Hz: +/- 1.5 dB
- Tracking Ability at 315Hz at Recommended Tracking Force: 80 µm
- Compliance, Dynamic, Lateral: 15 µm/mN
- Stylus Type: Nude Fine Line
- Stylus Tip Radius: r/R 8/40 µm
- Tracking Force Range: 2.1-2.5 g (21-25 mN)
- Tracking Force, Recommended: 2.3 g (23 mN)
- Tracking Angle: 20°
- Internal Impedance, DC Resistance: 5 Ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: > 20 Ohm
- Cartridge Body Material: ABS/Aluminum
- Coil wire Material: Pure 4-nines copper
- Cartridge Colour: Bronze
- Cartridge Weight: 9 g