Ortofon Quintet Black is the Best of Everything the Series Offers: Cartridge True to the Groove, With Precise Resolution and Insight Into Every LP
Quintet Black is the best example of the overall excellence achieved by Ortofon's new Quintet Series of phono cartridges. This outstanding overachiever comes with a Nude Shibata diamond, one of the best-available stylus profiles, mounted on a high-performance Boron cantilever. Shibata's slim and highly polished profile allows for an exceedingly wide contact area to a record's groove walls. It ensures detailed, pure reproduction throughout the sonic spectrum, extending all the way to the highest frequencies.
Incredible Performance for the Cost: Moving-Coil Cartridges Traditionally Command Higher Prices
No matter your music of choice, Quintet Black is unfettered by genre and produces astounding tonal accuracy and resolution. Given its price, Quintet Black also represents a new accomplishment in high-end audio. Seldom, if ever, has a moving-coil cartridge of this caliber been available at this cost. Ortofon's Quintet Series is primed to become one of the most celebrated cartridge lines in recent memory.
Precise Reproduction Plus Seamless Compatibility With Most Preamplifiers and Transformers
The MC Quintet Series continues Ortofon's unrelenting commitment to providing the most precise and accurate analog reproduction possible without introducing coloration. A special ABS (Acrylonitrile/Butadiene/Styrene) thermoplastic material is used in manufacturing the cartridge body. This lightweight, impact resistant material is extremely suitable for injection-molding and provides a durable, scratch-resistant surface. Neodymium magnets are implemented to achieve an optimal output. Low internal impedance makes the cartridge less sensitive to load, and therefore ensures compatibility with a wide range of preamplifiers and transformers.
Excellent Ease of Use and Setup
Mounting the Quintet Black couldn't be any easier. The aluminum frame has threaded mounting holes and is fitted with the supplied 5mm or 7mm screws (depending on the thickness of your headshell). The Quintet Black's right angles, straight lines, stylus visibility, and ample distance between the record surface and cartridge's bottom.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec.: 0.3 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz: < 1.0 dB
- Channel separation: 1 kHz: > 23 dB / 15 kHz: > 15 dB
- Frequency range at - 3dB: 20 - 25.000 Hz
- Frequency response 20-20.000 Hz: +/- 1.5 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 15 µm/mN
- Stylus type: Nude Shibata on Boron cantilever
- Stylus tip radius: r/R 6/50 µm
- Tracking force range: 2.1-2.5 g (21-25 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended: 2.3 g (23 mN)
- Tracking angle: 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 5 Ohm
- Recommended load impedance: > 20 Ohm
- Cartridge body material: ABS/Aluminum
- Coil wire material: Aucurum
- Cartridge color: Black
- Cartridge weight: 9 g