Physically 2M styli will fit on alternative 2M cartridges bodies, but 2M Series cartridges’ engines, coils and magnets configurations are not quite identical: Red and Blue are identical, so are the Bronze and Black and so are the true mono variants 2M Mono and 2M 78.
2M Silver phono cartridge is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) model that takes most of the characteristics of the 2M Red. 2M Silver's special feature is silver plated copper coils, the same coil wire material as in the 2M Bronze and Black models, with a reduced number of windings.
2M series styli are interchangeable within the below combinations:
- 2M Red, 2M Blue and 2M Silver
- 2M Bronze and 2M Black
- 2M Mono and 2M 78
Special for 2M Red, 2M Blue and 2M Silver phono cartridges:
- 2M Silver will be an upgrade compared to 2M Red due to a special suspension and silver plated copper wire material.
- 2M Blue is an upgrade compared to both 2M Red and 2M Silver thanks to Nude Elliptical diamond which retrieves information from the groove with a higher accuracy.
- Frequency range: 20-22.000 Hz
- Frequency response: 20-20.000 Hz + 3 / - 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force *): 70 µm Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 20 µm/mN
- Stylus type: Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius: r/R 8/18 µm
- Equivalent stylus tip mass: 0,5 mg
- Tracking force range: 1,6-2,0 g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended: 1.8 g (18 mN)
- Tracking angle: 20°
- Stylus colour: Translucent