UltraPhono replicates the wide bandwidth transparency Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab mastering engineers demand. Tim De Paravicini, the designer responsible for the Mobile Fidelity Gain2™ Ultra Analog cutting system, assisted with the internal circuitry to ensure your analog system at home faithfully reproduces the music buried in the grooves of your LPs. UltraPhono also includes an audiophile-quality Class A headphone amplifier for intimate listening enjoyment.
CLASS-A HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER
UltraPhono includes a powerful Class A headphone amplifier perfect for quiet nights when you want to keep the records spinning in private. And with a 31-step volume control built into the unit, all you need to do is directly plug-in your headphones and turn it up! It's the easiest way to achieve high-fidelity vinyl playback without speakers and electronics.
ADJUSTABLE GAIN AND LOADING
With selectable gain and loading, you will be able to tailor UltraPhono to match nearly any moving-magnet or moving-coil cartridge on the market. A readily accessible bank of toggle switches can be found on the unit’s underside to quickly make adjustments without the need for any tools.
- Gain: Adjustable from 40dB - 66dB
- THD: < .006% (MM) / < .055% (MC)
- Load Impedance (MM): 47,000 Ohms
- Load Impedance (MC): 75, 100, 500, 1k, 10k, 47k Ohms
- Input Capacitance: 100pF
Headphone Amplifier Specifications:
- Headphone Output: 8V RMS Max, 62 Ohms, 1.5 w/ch
- Volume Control: 31 steps, 2dB per/step, 62dB range
- Mute Switch: -90dB
- Minimum Impedance: > 10 Ohms
- Selectable gain for MM or MC 40dB, 46dB, 60dB, 66dB
- Adjustable loading 75Ω - 47kΩ
- Class A Headphone Amplifier
- Switchable Mono mode
- Subsonic filter
- External power supply