The McIntosh MT-5 comes equipped with a high performance platter and motor drive assembly, precision tone arm and a high output moving coil cartridge that is also compatible with moving magnet inputs. The illuminated, magnetically suspended platter produces an inviting glow that's sure to be a conversation starter among friends and guests alike.
MT-5 is factory adjusted for perfect playback. Tracking force, anti-skate force, cartridge overhang and arm height are all preset for maximum performance. Advanced magnetic platter bearings and a precise belt drive motor spins records with absolute stability and quiet, assuring a pleasurable vinyl listening experience. The custom tone arm and matching moving coil cartridge track records with minimum friction using magnetic anti-skate and horizontal, tone-arm bearings. While the construction of the MT-5 is meticulous, the setup is simple. In a few easy steps, you’ll be ready to enjoy your favorite vinyl recordings.
The MT-5 takes full advantage of the chassis materials used to suppress noise, resonance and coloration so the only sound produced is that which is on your records. A clear, form-fitting dust cover is included to protect the MT-5's moving parts, along with your valued records. The MT-5 turntable is compatible with any McIntosh stereo preamplifier and is a great piece to complete your two-channel stereo system.
- Cartridge Type: Moving Coil, High Output
- Output Level: 2.5 mV at 5 cm/s
- Load Impedance: 1000 Ohms recommended (Preamp MC Input)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 50kHz
- Channel Separation: 35dB at 1kHz
- Compliance: 15 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Recommended Tracking Force: 2.0 g
- Channel Difference: Less than 0.5 dB at 1kHz
- Total Mass: 6.3 g
- Stylus: Elliptical Diamond
- Cantilever Material: Aluminum
- Bearing: Magnetic Sapphire and Ceramic
- Arm Tube: Dural-Aluminum
- Counterweight: Eccentric
- Adjustments: Vertical Tracking Angle, Antiskate, Azimuth
- Playback Speeds: 33 1/3, 45 and 78 rpm
- Motor Type: DC Motor with Stainless Steel Brushes
- Speed Control: Servo System
- Platter: Silicon Acrylic
- Platter Bearing: Magnetic Suspended Ceramic
- Stereo Outputs Unbalanced: 1
- Power Control Input: 1
- Power Control Output: 1
- Platter Light: Yes
- Speed Control Fine Adjustment: Yes
- Dust Cover Included: Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/2" (44.45cm) x 7" (17.8cm) (7-1/2" (19.0cm) with dust cover) x 19" (48.26cm) Note: Tone Arm Height will vary depending on the type of Cartridge installed.
- Weight: 31.5 lbs (14.3 kg)