With the new model TD 403 DD Thorens completes the line of direct drive plug-and-play turntables of the 400 series. Visually a true Thorens, the new TD 403 DD features the same proven smooth-running direct drive as the successful TD 402 DD, but sets itself apart from its smaller brother with a more massive 1.4 kg and 22mm-thick Die-cast aluminum platter and the TP 150 audiophile tonearm also used in the new TD 1500 model.
A high-quality and pre-adjusted 2M Blue cartridge from Danish cartridge specialist Ortofon is also supplied as standard. This proves to be an adequate playing partner due to its naked diamond with elliptical stylus.
Newly developed Thorens TP 150 tonearm
The new TP 150 tonearm is also used on the newly introduced Thorens TD 1500 model and is similar to the TP 124 used on the new TD 124 DD. It has an effective mass of 14 grams, is adjustable in height and azimuth and is equipped with a standard SME connector, so headshells can easily be switched or other cartridges mounted.
The anti-skating is set by a sliding weight in the base of the arm, which is adjusted on a nylon thread guided over a ruby bearing.
Available in Black High Gloss or Walnut High Gloss finishes with aluminum top board.
- Stable and super silent direct drive
- THORENS TP 150 tonearm
- Detachable SME Headshell
- Massive 1.4 kg and 22mm-thick Die-cast aluminum platter
- Pre installed cartridge Ortofon 2 M Blue
- Function: puristic manual record player
- Drive system: direct drive
- Motor: DC motor 24V
- Speeds: 33-1/3, 45 rpm.
- Speed select: electronical
- Platter: 12“ / 1,4 kg Die-cast aluminum platter with 22 mm hight
- Tonearm: Thorens TP 150 with SME headshell
- Cartridge: Ortofon 2M Blue with nude elliptical stylus
- Phono preamplifier: no
- Anti-Skating: anti-skating weight, which is adjusted on a nylon thread guided over a ruby bearing
- Shut off: no
- Power supply: external power supply 24V DC
- Dimensions: 420 x 150 x 360 mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: 7.2 kg
- Scope of delivery: power supply, acrylic dust cover, RCA cable