Xtension 9 Evolution incorporates all of Pro-Ject's turntable design experience from more than 20 years in a slim-line size to fit standard audio racks. Xtension 9 chassis is made from MDF filled with metal granulate, that gives high mass and is non-resonant. Magnetic feet, which decouple the main plinth from its base, are combined with a weighty 16kg total turntable mass. The result is a unique combination of 'mass loaded' and 'floating turntable' design principles. Instead of pure metal for the main platter, we've found a perfect alloy which we damped on with thermo plastic elastomers (TPE). Additionally we've glued recycled Vinyl records to the top (which act as a perfect mat) and bake this 'sandwich' before precision balancing it. The final product subsequently benefits from a wonderfully resonance-free, heavy platter, that runs ultra-silently on an inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic suspension. Pro-Ject Xtension 9 Evolution includes a top-class high end tonearm, 9cc Evolution and comes complete with a dustcover.
Available in High Gloss Piano Black, Mahogany or Olive Finish.
- Heavy 16 kg belt drive turntable
- Mass loaded magnetic floating subchassis
- Precision balanced sandwich-platter
- Inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic support
- Heavy weight record clamp
- MDF chassis filled with metal granulate with low levels of resonance and high mass
- Electronic speed control 33/45 rpm
- Tonearm 9cc Evolution made from carbon fibre
- Inverted tonearm bearings (ABEC 7 quality)
- Dust Cover Included