The Xtension 8 Evolution Turntable is a mass-loaded high-end turntable with features more commonly found at premium price points. From its over-sized, heavyweight wooden plinth, through to the precision-lathed, TPE-damped aluminium main platter, and on to the 9” Evolution tonearm finished with a Quintet Blue, it is a complete turntable solution for high-end audio systems in one box.
- Heavy MDF chassis
- Precision balanced damped 5,1 kg aluminium platter
- Inverted bearing with ceramic tip, magnetic support
- Electronic speed control 33/45 rpm
- Pre-fitted Ortofon Quintet Blue
- Inverted cardanic tonearm bearings; four stainless steel tips mounted in ABEC 7 quality ball bearings
- Height-adjustable metal feet with TPE damping
- Premium 5P semi-symmetrical RCA phono cable
- True Balanced 5P XLR cable available separately
- Dust cover included
- Handmade in Europe
The Xtension 8 draws inspiration from other high-end turntables in the Pro-Ject range. The thick, heavy MDF chassis is expertly shaped and finished to provide both a stylish aesthetic and a sturdy platform from which the key performance parts of the turntable can do their work.
The main platter is precision-cut from a single piece of aluminium and lined with a ring of rubber TPE damping to produce a heavy non-resonant base that contributes to highly accurate speed stability with very little fluctuation. The platter is mounted on an inverted ceramic-tipped main bearing, bolstered with magnetic support, for fluid rotation without resistance.
The platter is driven by a perimeter drive belt, connected to a low-noise AC motor. The motor is controlled by an AC generator with adjustable speed control for convenient switching between 33 and 45 RPM as well as a clean, low-noise power signal.
The Xtension 8 is pre-installed with Pro-Ject’s popular 9CC Evolution carbon fibre tonearm. The 9CC EVO can been found on many popular high-end turntables, and features a one-piece, tapered carbon fibre tonearm tube, mounted in a heavy-weight bearing block with high-quality ABEC 7 ball bearings. The tonearm is also VTA and azimuth adjustable for perfect cartridge mounting.
The Xtension 8 is also supplied with the award-winning Ortofon Quintet Blue moving coil cartridge, as standard. The Quintet Blue is recognized for its detailed musical performance, and perfectly complements the X8’s own high-end ability.
This is a Special Order item.
- Speed: 33 / 45 rpm (electronic speed change)
- Included Phono Cable: Connect it E 5P -> RCA, 1.23m
- Aluminium Feet: Height adjustable & TPE damped
- Platter: massive 5,1 kg lathed aluminium
- Platter Bearing: inverted ceramic ball, magnetic support
- Speed Drift: 33: ±0,11%; 45: ± 0,09%
- Wow & Flutter: 33: ±0,11%; 45: ± 0,10%
- Rumble: 73dB
- Tonearm: 9“one-piece carbon-fibre tonearm
- Effective Arm Length / mass: 9“(230 mm) / 8,5 g
- Overhang: 18 mm
- Incl. Accessories: Dust cover, 7“single adapter, felt mat
- Power supply: 15V / 0,8A DC
- Power Consumption: 5W / 0,3 W standby mode
- Dimensions Lid Closed: 465 x 150 x 350 mm (W x H x D)
- Dimensions Lid Opened: 465 x 415 x 420 mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: 15 kg./33 lbs.