Pro-Ject Xtension 9 Evolution is a high-end turntable with a dense, resonance absorbing MDF chassis filled with steel pellets that add mass and further disperse resonance. Unique opposing-magnetic feet decouple the main plinth from its surface. The feet isolate the weighty 35 lbs of total turntable mass from external vibration thus combining principles of mass-loading & suspension. Instead of a purely aluminum main platter, Pro-Ject uses a special alloy that is also damped with thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) with a top layer of recycled vinyl for optimal record coupling. The final product subsequently benefits from a wonderful resonance-free, high-mass platter that runs ultra-silently on an inverted ceramic bearing (ball & plate) with additional opposing-magnetic force to eliminate bearing friction & rumble.
Xtension 9 Evolution features high-precision quartz-generated electronic speed regulation with microprocessor control (Speed Box technology). Absolutely clean AC power is generated, which is then fed directly into a built-in synchronous motor. Decoupling from mains interference, quartz regulation and a dedicated filter circuit delivers far better speed stability and smooth, undisturbed motor operation. Speed selection between 33 and 45rpm is as simple as the push of a button.
The Pro-Ject Pick-It DS2 cartridge comes pre-fitted to the Xtension 9 Super Pack. An excellent cartridge, the Pick-It DS2 is considered one of the best potential matches available for this turntable.
This is a Special Order item.
- Massive 16 kg belt drive turntable
- Mass loaded magnetic floating subchassis
- Precision balanced sandwich-platter
- Inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic support
- Heavy weight record clamp
- MDF chassis filled with metal granulate with low levels of resonance and high mass
- Electronic speed control 33/45 rpm
- Tonearm 9cc Evolution made from carbon fibre
- Inverted tonearm bearings (ABEC 7 quality)
Standard, Superpack (Songbird)
- Dust cover included
- Handmade in Europe
- Electronic Speed Change: 33/45 rpm
- Speed Variance Max: ±0,09 %
- Wow and Flutter Max: ±0,1 %
- Signal to Noise: 73dB
- Effective Tonearm Mass: 8,5g
- Effective Tonearm Length: 9″ (230mm)
- Overhang: 16mm
- Power Consumption: 4W/0W standby mode
- Outboard Power Supply: 15V / 0 – 0.8mA DC (set at 0.5mA), universal power supply
- Connect It DIN-RCA Cable: 1,23 m
- Tonearm Cable Capacitance: 65pF/meter
- Weight 18 kg/39.7 lbs.
- Dimensions 35 × 46.5 × 18.5 cm