The X2 B is a luxury high-end turntable that can push your musical enjoyment to new limits thanks to Pro-Ject’s True Balanced Connection concept. It features a high-quality moving coil cartridge and balanced output option for class-leading convenience and sonic superiority.
Structurally the X2 B is supported by its large, CNC machined MDF chassis, sat upon three vibration-absorbing feet, reducing unwanted resonances to almost imperceptible levels. Inside, it houses a sophisticated DC/AC generator board which, combined with the convenient speed control board (for automatic switching between 33 and 45 RPM as well as additional 78 RPM support), delivers clean and stable power to the silent motor system. For even further improved performance, the motor is carefully balanced and suspended on a precision tuned TPE belt; effectively decoupling the motor from the main plinth.
In the X2 B, the motor drives a heavy, non-resonant Acryl platter via a sub-platter drive system and a premium grade main bearing for liquid smooth rotation. This is the perfect platform on which to place your precious vinyl records, guaranteeing absolute reliability in its performance and sonic character.
The X2 B also benefits from a one-piece Carbon/Alu tonearm with integrated headshell. This 9” tonearm design is incredibly light and stiff, with improved resistance to external interference and better internal damping. The tonearm can also be adjusted for accurate azimuth and VTA settings, allowing advanced analogue audiophiles to fine-tune their sound. The tonearm is then supplied with a TPE-damped counterweight, further reducing cartridge/tonearm resonances.
Supplied with an Ortofon Quintet Red moving coil cartridge pre-installed, the X2 B is capable of benefiting from Pro-Ject’s True Balanced Connections concept. By connecting to a balanced-capable phono stage using the mini-XLR output on the back of the turntable, you can benefit from increased dynamics, less noise and improved signal-to-noise ratios. Going true balanced is like hearing parts of your music that were not there before.
The X2 B is fine-tuned to focus on audio excellence. It has all the features needed for convenient day-to-day use, but no superfluous add-ons that start to negatively impact the sonic character. The end result is a highly engaging, musical turntable that delivers deep, detailed lows, crisp high frequencies and an engaging well-presented midrange. By going True Balanced, it also avoids any unwanted electrical interference commonly found in your home.
Due to Pro-Ject’s advanced manufacturing experience, while delivering great sound the X2 B is also a beautiful piece of engineering that can stand proud as the focal point in any home environment. It’s available in four finishes; a premium walnut wood veneer, a luxurious black 8-layer high gloss paint, or black or white eight-layer hand-polished satin paint.
- Luxury manual turntable system with True Balanced Connection output
- Electronically controlled playback speeds (33 and 45 RPM) with support for 78 RPM
- 9.0” one-piece tonearm made from aluminium wrapped in carbon fibre
- Pre-adjusted Ortofon Quintet Red moving coil cartridge
- Sub-platter drive system for ultimate convenience and a clean visual appearance
- Heavy, anti-resonant acrylic main platter
- Stainless steel platter bearing with soft bronze bushing and Teflon mirrors
- Adjustable, heavy metal vibration-absorbing feet
- Output terminal features RCA phono and 5-Pin mini-XLR output options
- Heavy, CNC machined MDF chassis
- Supplied with shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance Connect-IT E cables
- Removable Dust cover included
- Handmade in Europe
Available in Walnut or Satin Black Finish. Walnut Finish is a Special Order item.
- Speed: 33, 45, 78 (electronic speed change)
- Outputs: Phono RCA & 5-pin Mini XLR
- Drive Principle: Belt Drive
- Platter: 30mm thick acryl, 2 kg heavy acryl
- Mains Bearing: Stainless Steel
- Speed Variance: 33: +/-0,25%; 45: +/-0,20%
- Wow and flutter: 33: +/-0,12%; 45: +/-0,10%
- Signal to Noise: 70dB
- Tonearm: 9” carbon/aluminium sandwich tonearm
- Effective Tonearm Length & Mass: 9“/230 mm & 13,5 g
- Overhang: 18mm
- Tracking Force: 0 - 30mN
- Included Accessories:
- 15V DC / 800 mA power supply
- Dust cover
- Connect-it Phono E RCA cable
- Felt mat
- Power Connection: 110 - 240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 4.5 W max / 0.3 W standby
- Dimensions: 460 x 150 x 340 mm (WxHxD) lid closed
- Weight: 10.0kg