Decades ago when the audio market was dominated by the compact disc, Pro-Ject focused on making quality, affordable turntables for listeners still committed to vinyl. Now, as much of the market streams music, Pro-Ject provides an audiophile solution for those who remain committed to their CD collection. Redbook CD players have become rare and high-end transports are even harder to come by. The mechanics in older and more basic designs rely on audio interpolation which has a negative impacting on the sound quality. Consequently the CD as a medium may have gotten a bad rap, which is why Pro-Ject has brought this sophisticated transport into the light. Made solely for optimal CD-reading via its suspended, carbon-fiber enclosure, the CD-Pro 8 top-loading module & Blue Tiger CD-84 servo board combine with Pro-Ject’s Reference Series chassis to deliver maximum information from your Redbooks CDs over to your DAC.
*Note: I2S ins/outs featured in Pro-ject's RS2 series (Pre Box RS2 Digital, DAC Box RS2, CD Box RS2 T) communicate with other Pro-Ject RS2 components only. They are not universal and will not function with other brands’ I2S-capable components.
Available in a Silver or Black high-quality aluminium finish. This is a Special Order item.
- Top-loading CD drive
- Magnetic clamp
- Plays CD Audio, CD-R, CD-RW, Hybrid SACD
- CD-Pro 8 top loading module with suspension system and Blue Tiger CD-84 servo board
- I²S + Masterclock via HDMI connector
- LCD screen displays time, tracks, text (if available)
- Gravity design with central mass point
- Aluminium IR remote included
- Handmade in Europe
- Supports: CD, CD-R, CD-RW (finalized) and Hybrid-SACD
- 1 x balanced (AES/EBU) on XLR connector
- 1 x optical (TOSlink®)
- 1 x coaxial (RCA socket)
- Digital I2S output + Master Clock: 1 x HDMI connector
- Outboard Power Supply: 20V/3.000mA DC, suitable for your country
- Power Consumption: 600mA DC, < 0,5W in standby
- Replacement Battery Remote Control: 1 x CR2032 / 3V or 1 x CR2025 / 3V
- Weight: 3 kg
- Dimensions: 21 × 20.6 × 7.8 cm