The MPS-6 borrows technology from our flagship Dream series in a more compact
package. It uses the same robust drive mechanism used in the Dream series and its internal DAC is identical to the MPD-6.
In essence this product is identical in features and performance as its sister product, the MPD6 Edelweiss DAC. The DAC section has its roots in the Dream series from where it borrows key technologies and combines them with new ones to create a more compact and cost effective package.
Similarly, it can also be combined with the external MPS-X digital interface to further isolate the digital sources from the analog circuitry. See more details for this operation under the description for the MPD-6 and MPS-X products.
- DAC Architecture: Discrete with Playback Designs’ own proprietary digital algorithms and differential analog output stage.
- Drive Mechanism: Same robust and proven drive system as used in the Dream series.
- PLINK I/O:
- Compatible with Classic, Sonoma, Edelweiss and Dream Series products for native digital audio transmission.
- Connection to Edelweiss and Dream series products via fiber optical PLINK for optimal separation between digital source and analog output stage of DAC.
- Digital Inputs:
- USB (PCM up to 384kHz, DSD up to 11.2MHz)
- AES (PCM up to 192kHz, DSD via DoP)
- Coax (PCM up to 192kHz, DSD via DoP)
- TosLink (PCM up to 96kHz)
- PLINK for all native sample rates
- Clock Generator: Newest generation PDFAS clocking technology for ultra low jitter performance
- Volume Control: An ultra high end analog volume control can be activated
- Weight: 12 kgs. / 26.4 lbs.
- Software Update: Playback Designs already created an excellent reputation with its program to offer free software upgrades with new features or new algorithms that the end user can upload into the DAC without the need to return it to the dealer or manufacturer. This will keep the product always up-to-date with the latest trends and, therefore, will help in keeping the value high for this product.
- Optional Streaming module with full support for PCM up to 384kHz and DSD up to 4x available at additional cost. Please contact us to order.
- Direct connection to streaming services such as Tidal, Qobuz, Deezer and vTuner that can be controlled via an app on a tablet.
- File playback from network attached storage via DLNA and UPnP (renderer and server function) Please see ordering options below.