Thanks to the application of Nordost Cable's latest Dual Mono-Filament technology their Valhalla 2 Power Cords set an unprecedented margin of performance over the competition. The cable consists of 7 solid, silver-plated 16 AWG OFC conductors, each suspended in a Dual Mono-Filament matrix. The separate solid core conductors eliminate strand interaction, hot spots, and carbonization, which can occur in stranded cables. Unlike conventional power cables, which have propagation speeds that are less than 50% the speed of light, the Valhalla 2 Reference Power Cord has a speed of 91% the speed of light. Extruded FEP insulation used in V2’s construction is superior to all other materials. It has very low signal loss and high thermal efﬁciency, causing it to dissipate heat quickly. The use of FEP in a Dual Mono-Filament construction means that power is transferred more effectively, while the low resistance of the cable keeps power loss extremely low. The result... truly superb sound quality.
Available to order in 1m, 2m, 3m, 4m, 5m, & 6m Lengths.
- Insulation: High purity class 1.1 extruded Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP)
- Construction: Mechanically tuned lay, length and Dual Mono-Filament design
- Conductors: 7 x 16 AWG
- Material: Silver-plated 99.999999% solid core OFC
- DC Resistance: 1.33 Ohms per 1000ft
- Velocity of Propagation: 91%
- Termination: Nordost HOLO:PLUG® US (Nema), EU (Schuko), AUS or UK (Furutech) to Nordost HOLO:PLUG® IEC-C15 or IEC-C19 connectors. Furutech Figure 8 IEC-C7 also available