Vacuum tube preamplifier? ✔
Phono preamplifier? ✔
Analog input? ✔
Digital inputs? ✔
Bluetooth® receiver? ✔
Speaker outputs? ✔
Subwoofer output? ✔
Headphone jack? ✔
McIntosh engineering? ✔
What else do I need? Just add your music and speakers.
At first glance, the McIntosh MTI100 Integrated Turntable may look like it’s just a turntable, but a closer look will reveal that it is in fact so much more. Truly a one-of-a-kind product, it is designed for those who want maximum flexibility in their home audio system but don’t want – or don’t have the space for – a large audio system in their home. With all the built-in connectivity the MTI100 offers, it can become the center piece of a modern home audio system for modern lifestyles. Simply add your favorite speakers of choice (such as our XR50 bookshelf or XR100 floorstanding speakers) and you’ll have a complete and comprehensive audio system.
Besides the turntable that plays both 33-1/3 and 45 rpm vinyl records, the MTI100 also includes a power amplifier, a vacuum tube preamplifier section, a shielded phono preamplifier, an unbalanced auxiliary input, digital audio coaxial and optical inputs, a Bluetooth receiver, a subwoofer output, stereo speaker outputs for sharing your music with friends, and a headphone jack for personal listening.
The 7 pound (3.18 kg) machined aluminum platter resides on the top of the unit. This and the matching machined aluminum tonearm with anti-skate sit atop a 3/8” (9.5mm) thick piece of glass – the same glass found in the front panels of McIntosh's larger amplifiers; this in turn sits atop a custom 1/4” (6.35mm) thick metal plate that adds stability. The combined heftiness of both the platter and metal plate helps resist and absorb noise that could be caused by external vibrations.
The belt drive platter with manual speed change is driven by an industrial grade permanent magnet AC synchronous motor with a 2 speed pulley. With this motor, the platter speed is precisely synced to the AC power line’s frequency to deliver precise rotational speeds for playback accuracy. The MTI100 comes with a Sumiko Olympia Moving Magnet cartridge, whose upgraded stylus and cantilever assembly allow for more dynamic punch and improved frequency response.
A Class D amplifier that’s rated for 80 Watts per channel into 4 Ohms or 50 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms is used to drive a pair of speakers (sold separately) that are connected via the back panel speaker binding posts. Two 12AX7 vacuum tubes power the main preamplifier section, while a separate dedicated phono preamplifier is housed in a custom shielding box that prevents interference or noise from seeping into the vinyl signal. Together, the vacuum tube preamplifier and shielded phono preamplifier are a perfect choice to help make your vinyl albums sound their best.
To combine playing vintage vinyl records with modern playback methods, you can also stream music to the MTI100 via its High Definition Bluetooth 4.2 input that ensures you receive the best sound quality possible from your Bluetooth device. An external Bluetooth antenna helps achieve optimal reception and signal quality. The analog and digital audio inputs allow external sources, such as a TV, tuner or CD Player, to be connected. Not to overlook the impact that low sound frequencies can add, a subwoofer output is also included. Finally, for personal listening, the front panel includes a headphone jack that is powered by McIntosh's High Drive headphone amplifier, which features increased gain and output power and is optimized for virtually all headphone types.
Power, volume and input selection can be controlled by either the included remote or via two knobs on the unit. An illuminated McIntosh logo is located in the top glass panel, while a classic McIntosh-styled die cast aluminum name badge adorns the front of the chassis.
- Cartridge Type: Moving Magnet
- Output Level: 4mV at 1kHz
- Load Impedance: 47k Ohms
- Frequency Response: 12Hz to 30kHz
- Channel Separation: 30dB at 1kHz
- Compliance: 12 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Recommended Tracking Force: 2.0 g
- Channel Difference: Less than 1dB at 1kHz
- Total Mass: 6.5 g
- Stylus: Elliptical
- Cantilever Material: Aluminum
- Bearing: Lateral type bearing
- Arm Tube: Damped machined aluminum
- Counterweight: Concentric
- Adjustments: None
- Playback Speeds: 33-1/3 and 45 rpm
- Motor Type: Permanent magnet AC synchronous
- Speed Control: Manual speed change via a 2 speed pulley
- Platter: Aluminum
- Platter Bearing: Oil bath bearing with a high performance polyetheretherketone (PEEK) thrust disc and machined graphite impregnated brass bushings
- Signal To Noise Ratio: 35dB - 40dB
- Wow & Flutter: 0.1%
- Stereo Outputs Unbalanced: 1 (bridged to AMP IN)
- Stereo Inputs Unbalanced: 1
- Digital Coaxial Input: 1
- Digital Optical Input: 1
- Subwoofer Output: 1
- Wireless Input: High Definition Bluetooth 4.2
- Power Control Input: 0
- Power Control Output: 1
- Platter Light: N/A
- Speed Control Fine Adjustment: No
- Power Output per Channel: 50 Watts into 8 Ohms, 80 Watts into 4 Ohms
- Number of Channels: 2
- Speaker Impedance: 4 or 8 Ohms
- Rated Power Band: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.5% (Amplifier), 0.2% (Preamplifier)
- Dynamic Headroom: 1.0dB (8 Ohms), 1.3dB (4 Ohms)
- Frequency Response +0,-0.7dB: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Moving Magnet): 75dB
- Signal To Noise Ratio (High Level): 90dB
- Damping Factor: 8 Ohms: >200, 4 Ohms: >100
- Maximum Output (Balanced / Unbalanced): 9V Unbalanced
- Dust Cover Included: No
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 19-1/4” (48.9cm) x 6-3/4” (17.15cm) x 14” (35.6cm)
- Weight: 33.5 lbs (15.2 kg)