Demo On Special In Store. Please Contact Us For Pricing Details.
Personal Shopping Only.
Inconsistency in power quality can cause costly damage to electronic devices. Protect your home audio investment with the MPC500 Power Controller.
Featuring cascaded surge protection, the MPC500 delivers full mode AC power line surge protection, such as from a lightning strike, as well as protecting low voltage devices against secondary surges and spikes that can occur after the initial event.
AC power line protection is accomplished with the use of three thermally protected metal-oxide varistors (TPMOVs) – which are far safer than traditional MOVs – that provide you with Line to Neutral, Line to Ground and Neutral to Ground protection. For secondary surge events, the MPC500 provides protection for your ethernet, coaxial, and other low voltage devices via Gas Discharge Tubes (GDT), Positive Temperature Coefficient (PTC) thermistors and Transient Voltage Suppression (TVS) components. Also included in the MPC500 is electromagnetic interference (EMI) filtering of the AC line and over/under voltage protection, which will switch off the rear receptacles to keep your connected devices safe from trying to operate at undesired voltage levels.
The MPC500 includes either 8 Type B1 (a.k.a. NEMA 5-15R) or 4 Type F1 (a.k.a. CEE 7/3 or “Schuko”) receptacles; only the appropriate version is available in each individual country to ensure compatibility with local power systems. Control of each receptacle can be configured to your preferences via the rear panel Power Control ports or through the setup menus on the front panel.
The front panel display can list input voltage, the amount of current being drawn through the receptacles, or total (apparent) power. Regardless of receptacle type, all versions of the MPC500 feature the timeless McIntosh black glass front panel, illuminated logo, control knobs, and aluminum end caps.
- Load Regulation: N/A
- Output Voltage: With Type B (a.k.a. NEMA 5-15R) receptacles: 120 Volts AC Nominal, With Type F (a.k.a. CEE 7/3 or “Schuko”) receptacles: 240 Volts AC Nominal
- Power Requirement: With Type B (a.k.a. NEMA 5-15R) receptacles: 120 Volts, 50/60Hz, 12.0 Amps (max), 1440 Watts (max) / With Type F (a.k.a. CEE 7/3 or “Schuko”) receptacles: 240 Volts, 50Hz, 6.0 Amps (max), 1440 Watts (max)
- AC Power Line Protection: 3 thermally protected metal-oxide varistors (TPMOVs)
- Surge Suppression Type: AC Power Line: 3 thermally protected metal-oxide varistors (TPMOVs), Secondary Surges: GDTs, PTC thermistors, TVS components
- Number of Receptacles: With Type B (a.k.a. NEMA 5-15R) receptacles: 8, With Type F (a.k.a. CEE 7/3 or “Schuko”) receptacles: 4
- Number of Always ON Receptacles: With Type B (a.k.a. NEMA 5-15R) receptacles: 2, With Type F (a.k.a. CEE 7/3 or “Schuko”) receptacles: 1
- Number of Programmable Receptacles: With Type B (a.k.a. NEMA 5-15R) receptacles: 3 pairs, With Type F (a.k.a. CEE 7/3 or “Schuko”) receptacles: 3
- Meters: 0
- Meter Light Switch: N/A
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/2” (44.45cm) x 6” (15.2cm) x 19” (48.26cm)
- Weight: 18.5 lbs (8.39 kg)