The Cambridge Audio MXN10 network player can bring the world of Hi-Res music to much-loved hi-fi set-ups and other audio systems. Its half-width compact footprint offers flexibility of placement. MXN10 can access free music, including internet radio, as well as subscription services – many of which offer free trials, so you’ll soon find your perfect streaming partner. MXN10 can play Hi-Res music from USB and NAS drives too. That’s digital music from limitless sources routed through one compact unit – all conveniently controlled with Cambridge Audio's StreamMagic app from your mobile.
MXN10 can access both subscription and free Hi-Res streaming services, including internet radio, Spotify Connect, Tidal, Deezer and Qobuz – all integrated for best possible sound quality. With Apple Airplay2 and Chromecast built-in as well, you can access Apple Music and more, including BBC Sounds. And because MXN10 is Roon Ready, you can collate your digital music listening, regardless of origin, into a single magazine-style service.
If a friend visits, who doesn’t use the StreamMagic app (yet), they can play their favourite tracks wirelessly from their mobile with Bluetooth. Also, if they’ve any Hi-Res FLAC files on a USB drive, you can both listen in full hi-fi quality, just by inserting the drive into MXN10’s USB port.
Using MXN10 couldn’t be easier. StreamMagic app gives intuitive control of connected sources – to set presets, browse albums or curate playlists, all conveniently from your mobile device. Alternatively, there’s a row of neat buttons on MXN10’s sleek fascia that you can program for direct access to internet radio stations and favourite playlists.
Turn MXN10 around to see a pair of analogue RCA phono outs, digital coax and optical out, USB in, a pair of wi-fi antenna sockets for wireless network connection – or a LAN cable input if you prefer.
The analogue and digital outs also work simultaneously, meaning your hi-fi can also play nicely as a source in a multiroom set-up.
MXN10 gets its sleek timeless looks from Cambridge Audio's signature Lunar Grey aluminium fascia and black ‘floating’ base. The 215mm half-width steel cabinet matches their DacMagic200M and Alva Duo, it offers flexibility of placement and breathes new life into any hi-fi set-up – including that old amp in storage. Thanks to over-the-air updates, MXN10 will be a crowd-pleaser for many years to come.
- StreamMagic Gen 4 Module – fast music retrieval & high-quality sound
- ESS SABRE ES9033Q DAC – for the latest streaming capabilities
- High-quality Internet Radio – using MPEG-DASH support
- Spotify Connect, TIDAL & Qobuz built in – for best possible sound
- Roon Ready – simple consolidated browsing of digital music sources
- Connectivity Choice – USB playback, Bluetooth 5.0, Airplay 2 & Chromecast built-in
- Choice of Output – RCA/phono plus, digital coax & optical connections
- Compact, Half Width Footprint – for flexible placement
- Inputs: Ethernet, USB socket (mass storage), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Outputs: Line out (unbalanced), Digital out (Coax and Optical)
- DAC: ESS Sabre ES9033Q
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 70kHz +0/-1dB
- Ethernet: IEEE 802.3 10 Base-T or 100 Base-T
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 5 dual band 2.4/5gHz
- Bluetooth: 5.0 A2DP/AVRCP supporting SBC and AAC
- Compatibility: UPnP, Local USB media, Internet Radio, Chromecast, Spotify connect, Tidal, Qobuz, Roon Ready, Airplay 2
- Audio Formats: ALAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, DSD (x512), WMA, MP3, AAC, HE AAC, AAC+, OGG Vorbis
- Hi-Res Support: Up to 768KHz 32bit PCM, up to DSD512
- Max Power Consumption: 20W
- Standby Power Consumption: <0.5W
- Dimensions: (W X H X D) 215 x 52 x 191mm
- Weight: 1.2 kg/2.6 lbs
- Box Contents MXN10 Player: WiFi/BT Antenna (x2), Safety Guide, Quick start guide, Regional mains lead