Mada in Canada, the MOON 870A Stereo Power Amplifier is a balanced differential dual-mono design that effortlessly outputs 300 watts into 8 ohms and 600 watts into 4 ohms. Transparency and soundstage are exceptional, despite this amplifier's high power rating. Ultimately, the 870A will mate seamlessly with any loudspeaker allowing it to reach its full sonic potential, regardless of its load.
Several in-house developed advancements allow the MOON 870A to perform with both accuracy and grain-free character. These include (i) MOON output transistors, specifically designed for use in their amplifiers, providing tighter and more visceral bass performance, as well as unprecedented linearity thoughout the entire frequency spectrum; and (ii) their advanced "zero global feedback" circuit, commonly referred to as Lynx.
Key features you'd expect are present such as an RS-232 port and 12 Volt triggers for custom-install environments.
Available in Black, Silver or Two-Tone Finishes.
- Simaudio's “Lynx” Technology which eliminates feedback and results in: real-time amplification; more accurate musical reproduction with respect to tonality; non-existent transient intermodulation distortion; the elimination of phase errors resulting from feedback.
- Output stable to any known speaker impedance.
- A high damping factor for superior musical dynamics, improved signal speed and refined timbre accuracy.
- Self-diagnostic system that detects both over-heating and the presence of DC in the input signal.
- Output Power at 8Ω: 300 Watts per channel
- Output Power at 4Ω: 600 Watts per channel
- Output Power - Bridged Mono at 8Ω: 1200 Watts
- Input Sensitivity: 1400mV RMS
- Input Impedance: 47,500Ω
- Gain: 31dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 106dB @ full power
- Frequency Response (full range): 10Hz - 200kHz +0/-3.0dB
- Crosstalk @ 1kHz: -105dB
- THD (20Hz - 20kHz @ 1 watt / 300 watts): 0.015% / 0.04%
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.006%
- Shipping Weight: 98 lbs / 44 kgs
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 18.75 x 7.5 x 17.5 in. 47.6 x 19.2 x 44.5 cm.