Transparency and soundstage are exceptional, despite this amplifier's high power rating. Ultimately, the 860A will mate seamlessly with any loudspeaker allowing it to reach its full sonic potential, regardless of its load.
Several in-house developed advancements allow the MOON 860A to perform with both exceptional accuracy and a grain-free character; These include (i) MOON output transistors, specifically designed for use in our amplifiers, providing tighter and more visceral bass performance, as well as unprecedented linearity thoughout the entire frequency spectrum; and (ii) our advanced "zero global feedback" circuit, commonly referred to as Lynx.
Of course, key features you'd expect are present such as an RS-232 port and 12 Volt triggers for custom-install environments.
Made In Canada.
Available in Black, Silver or Two-Tone Finishes.
- Simaudio's “Lynx” Technology which eliminates feedback and results in: real-time amplification; more accurate musical reproduction with respect to tonality; non-existent transient intermodulation distortion; the elimination of phase errors resulting from feedback.
- Output stable to any known speaker impedance.
- “Class A” power output to 5 watts for greater efficiency.
- A high damping factor for superior musical dynamics, improved signal speed and refined timbre accuracy.
- Self-diagnostic system that detects both over-heating and the presence of DC in the input signal.
- Output Power @ 8Ω: 200 Watts per channel
- Output Power @ 4Ω: 400 Watts per channel
- Output Power - Bridged Mono: 800 Watts
- Input Sensitivity: 1100mV RMS
- Input Impedance: 47,500Ω
- Gain: 31dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 106dB @ full power
- Frequency Response (full range): 10Hz - 200kHz +0/-3.0dB
- Crosstalk @ 1kHz: -105dB
- THD (20Hz - 20kHz @ 1 watt / 200 watts): 0.015% / 0.04%
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.006%
- Shipping Weight: 90 lbs / 40 kgs
- Dimensions (w x h x d): 18.75 x 7.5 x 17.5 in. / 47.6 x 19.2 x 44.5 cm.