The 780D redefines the musical experience by elevating it to an all new level. Through the use of a fully balanced dual-mono design using two DAC chips, each with 16 unique DAC circuits, that can decode virtually all digital audio formats (up to DSD quad and PCM 32-bit / 384kHz).
Amongst the numerous and varied digital inputs is Simaudio's MiND (MOON intelligent Network Device) network player that allows for DSD streaming over ethernet, as well as access to the TIDAL music service; a gateway to the largest online library of uncompressed music. Other internal features include MOON Hybrid Power (MHP): a new, ultra-high performance power supply and a modular design to help make this revolutionary DAC as future-proof as possible.
The 780D’s chassis is made of aircraft-grade aluminum, with careful attention paid to minimizing vibrations. These qualities help the 780D portray an even greater sense of finesse, focus, bass slam and control. One listen is all it will take to be convinced.
Made In Canada.
Available in Black, Silver or Two-Tone Finishes.
- 9 digital inputs including USB, AES/EBU, SPDIF, Optical, Qualcomm® aptXTM audio for Bluetooth®, Ethernet and Wi-Fi.
- Power supply using new MOON Hybrid Power (MHP) for exceptionaly stable, ultra low noise DC output.
- Femto second (vs pico second) clock resulting in much lower jitter and consequently lower distortion.
- 12 stages of DC voltage regulation which includes 2 stages of M-LoVo (MOON Low Voltage Regulation) and 4 stages of i 2 DCf (Independant Inductive DC Filtering).
- On-board programmable software for customization of the end-user interface.
- Fully compatible with MOON 820S external power supply.
- ROON Ready device
- Tidal Masters, Deezer Hi-Fi and Qobuz Sublime+ Music Services
- MQA decoding
- Multi-room synchronized playback
- Frequency Response (full range): 2Hz - 100kHz +0/-3dB
- THD @ 1kHz, 0dBFS (A-weighted): 0.0001%
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.0001%
- Dynamic Range: 124dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 124dB @ full output
- Channel Separation: 120dB Intrinsic Jitter: 150 femto seconds RMS
- Analog Output @ 0dBFS: 2.0 Volts
- Analog Output Impedance: 100Ω
- PCM Bit-depth Range: 16 - 32 bits
- PCM Sampling Frequency Rates: 44.1 - 384kHz
- DSD Sample Rates: DSD64, DSD128 & DSD256
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 18.75 x 4.0 x 16.8 in. / 47.6 x 10.2 x 42.7 cm