The Verto, not unlike its predecessors, takes an unrelenting approach to audio reproduction by combining the finest components available along with world class engineering, for unparalleled sound reproduction. Starting with exceptional quality Lundahl ™ transformers, surrounded by a specialized mu-metal shielding, listeners can be assured that each detail in a complex array of notes is reproduced with utter purity, with freedom from internal and external sources of interference. These two items combined make Verto one of the quietest, most revealing transformers ever offered to the audiophile market.
Featuring dual mono design, the Verto provides discrete circuitry for each channel, resulting in the elimination of crosstalk and possible distortions. This results in cleaner, clearer reproduction with substantially increased stereo imaging. Regardless of the composition being played, the Verto’s expansive stereo separation provides lifelike realism, and accurate tonal balance devoid of coloration. To further minimize signal degradation and maximize signal flow, the Verto has been engineered using high quality industrial grade PCB. Additionally, gold plated RCA jacks with Teflon insulation provide optimal conductivity for use with high quality interconnects. Internally, the unit is assembled with an absolute bare minimum of internal wiring, preserving absolute signal integrity.
The Ortofon Verto maintains compatibility with most Moving Coil cartridges, with internal jumbers offering two gain/impedance options. This affords audiophiles with broad flexibility while still maintaining a clean aesthetic.
- Dual mono step-up transformer
- Internal jumpers for gain and impedance
- Gold plated RCA connectors with Tefl on insulation
- Minimal internal wirering, high quality PCB
- Excellent shielded due to Mu-Metal can and metal cabinet
- Transformers made for Ortofon by Lundahl transformers
- Recommended cartridge impedance: 5-50 Ohm
- Gain 1kHz: 24 dB
- Freq response: 10 Hz - 100 kHz ± 1 dB
- Recomended cartridge impedance: < 10 Ohm
- Gain 1kHz: 30 dB
- Freq response: 10 Hz - 80 kHz ± 1 dB
- Output loading: 47 kOhm / 200 pF