Ortofon is expanding the range of quality tonearms. Built upon the TA-100 and two areas of Ortofon's technological know-how, this tonearm has gone to the next level by reducing unwanted vibrations in the tonearm. Ortofon's material know-how is the first area of the Ortofon technology that was applied when developing the TA-110.
As a specialist in technical rubber, Ortofon used one of its special rubber compounds when creating the specially shaped rubber with high vibration dampening properties. The rubber pieces are produced at the Ortofon technical rubber facilities in Nakskov. The second area of Ortofon technology is the extensive knowledge of vibration properties and characteristics. Ortofon has acquired this know-how via the developement of Bone conductors for the hearing aid industry. By using this knowledge and the related computer programs that simulated vibration in different shapes and materials, Ortofon came up with an optimized TA-110.
The TA-110 is given a precision machined slit in the middle of the aluminium tube. A piece of Ortofon's special vibration damping rubber is inserted into the slit. An armtube without slit and rubber damper is symmetrical in a vertical and lateral plane with respect to vibrations. The slit breaks this symmetry, and mounting the rubber insert gives the desired damping.
The TA-110 a static balanced gimbal type arm, which makes it easy to use and adjust for optimal VTF settings. Equipped with a standard headshell connector, TA-110 can easily be adjusted in accordance with the included mounting template. The TA-110 has a standard 5-pin DIN connector for tonearm cable. The tonearm geometry allows for a Baerwald alignment (also the IEC recommendations)
- Effective mass without headshell 3.5 g
- Mass of supplied headshell 15.5 g
- Effective armlength (distance between the stylus and pivot point): 231.0 mm
- Length (Distance between the pivot point and turntable center): 213.0 mm
- Offset angle: 23.9 degrees
- Overhang: 18.0 mm
- Tracking force adjusting range (direct reading): 0-3 g
- Height adjustment range: 35-55 mm
- Diameter of the armbase mounting hole: 19-20 mm
- Diameter of the center shaft of tonearm: 18.0 mm
- Inner null point: 66 mm
- Outer null point: 120.9 mm
- Optional counterweight for heavier cartridges between 26 and 38 grams is available
- Standard counterweight for cartridges between 18 and 28 g included
- One set of cables 6NX-TSW-1010 included
- Headshell LH-2000E included