Experience the Purity and Warmth of Mono
Exclusive Plug-and-Play MkII solution
The 2M headshell is a practical and elegant solution for our customers who wish direct and easy mounting and replacement on their S-shaped tonearm. The combination of 2M Headshell and 2M Series cartridge adds unique distinction to the turntable!
Some of the greatest recordings in music continue to be reissued in their original mono mixes. Do them justice withOrtofon's 2M Mono phono cartridge. With an improved engine providing extremely accurate playback, 2M Mono digs deep into the grooves, pulling out music you've never heard before. The 2M Mono is built with a 18µm Nude Spherical stylus for a supremely balanced, thoroughly enjoyable sound.
The 2M Series of cartridges is designed for precise and accurate retrieval of the information in the record groove. Ortofon's philosophy is to play the record as accurately as possible, without coloring the sound. The 2M series of cartridges feature Ortofon's trademark split pole pins, an invention that enables moving magnet cartridges to have a flat frequency response, as with a moving coil cartridge. Split pole pins were originally presented in the 500 series and Super OM series.
Ortofon has optimized the 2M design for ease of mounting the cartridge, weight and size to fit the most common turntables at the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
The 2M Mono Series features:
- An improved engine, which provides a high level of sonic accuracy
- R 18µm Nude Spherical stylus that is an optimal solution for playing mono microgroove vinyl records
- Universal mount fitting a wide range of tonearms
- The body manufactured from a special compound used for Medical industry. That ensures high rigidity while reducing unwanted vibration
- Elegant high-tech design
- Length: 52mm. 2M PnP provides correct Baerwald alignment with the majority of tonearms with universal mount
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec: 4 mV
- Frequency range at - 3dB: 20-22.000 Hz
- Frequency response: 20-20.000 Hz + 3 / - 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz: 70 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 18 µm/mN
- Stylus type: Nude Spherical
- Stylus tip radius: R 18 µm
- Tracking force range: 1.6-2.0g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended: 1.8 g (18 mN)
- Tracking angle: 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 700 Ohm
- Internal inductance: 350 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 150-300 pF
- Cartridge weight without screws 7.2 g
- Replacement stylus unit: 2M Mono
- Stylus protection guard: 2M Mono