Ortofon's new 2M PNP headshell is a practical and elegant solution for those who wish direct and easy mounting and replacement on their tonearm. This "plug n' play" option makes changing your cartridge a snap.
Break out your old 78s and hear them the way they were meant to be played with the Ortofon 2M PNP 78 MM phono cartridge. With an improved engine providing a high level of sonic accuracy and dynamic thrust, the 2M PNP 78 will re-introduce you to some of your favorite older recordings. 78 rpm records require a larger stylus profile for accurate playback, and the 2M PNP 78's spherical diamond stylus ensure that you won't miss a beat.
The 2M PNP Series of cartridges is designed for precise and accurate retrieval of the information in the record groove.Ortofon's philosophy is to play the record as accurately as possible, without coloring the sound. The 2M series of cartridges feature Ortofon's trademark split pole pins, an invention that enables moving magnet cartridges to have a flat frequency response, as with a moving coil cartridge. Split pole pins were originally presented in the 500 series and Super OM series.
Ortofon has optimized the 2M design for ease of mounting the cartridge, weight and size to fit the most common turntables at the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec: 4 mV
- Frequency range at - 3dB: 20Hz-22.000 Hz
- Frequency response 20-20.000 Hz: + 3 / - 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at 1.8g 70 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 18 µm/mN
- Stylus type: Spherical
- Stylus tip radius: R 65 µm
- Tracking force range: 1.6-2.0g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended: 1.8 g (18 mN)
- Tracking angle: 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 700 Ohm
- Internal inductance: 300 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 150-300 pF
- Cartridge weight without screws: 7.2 g
- Replacement stylus unit: 2M 78