This bass reflex design uses two 8” long-throw woofers, a 7" annealed polypropylene midrange and a 1" Scanspeak 9700 tweeter. The diffuser is complemented by a rear radiation system that uses two tweeters configured as a natural dipole.
The back radiation system uses two tweeters that are connected as a natural dipole. The rear radiation pattern feeds the reflected field without interfering with the direct sound while preserving the accuracy of the transient response. The rear radiation balances the power response and increases “brilliance," a quality related to the perception of sound details. Improving the perception of detail also means improving the perception of "space."
The front panel of the cabinet of the Grand Callas was shaped to make near-field listening possible, even when the listener is only a meter and a half from the loudspeakers. The Grand Callas is truly flexible and adaptable to various situations such as when reverberation time is not particularly low. The other feature that contributes to the flexibility is the ability to modify the response of the low frequencies with a flick of a simple switch.
You can also choose to block the reflex ducts, which gives you four possible configurations for the Grand Callas. The closing of the ducts could be necessary when the speaker needs to be placed close to room corners. This allows the listener to place the speakers in the room and then find a better frequency response by adjusting the ducts and using the switch, as opposed to trying to find the right room placement and positioning in advance. You can also adjust the speakers with two different responses when, for example, you need to place one speaker closer to the wall than the other.
Available in Mahogany & Walnut Finishes.
- 3 Way Speaker
- Frequency Response: 32 -25000 Hz
- Cross-over Frequencies: 200 , 2000 Hz (aprox.)
- Max Power (long period): 240 Watt (without clipping) for musical program
- Max Power (Short period): 500 Watt (without clipping)
- Amplifier: Starting from 10 Watt RMS
- Sensitivity: 89 dB/2.83 Volt/1 meter
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohm (Zin >3 ohm)
- Front Firing Loudspeakers: 2 x 8” long-throw woofers, 1 x 7” midrange with polypropylene cone and phase plug. 1 x 1” Scanspeak 9700 tweeter
- Rear Firing Loudspeakers: 2 x1” tweeters in “natural dipole” assembly
- Weight: 75 Kg each
- Size: 130 x 31 x 55 cm (HxLxD)