The MXA80 Integrated Audio System is the next generation of the acclaimed MXA70. It maintains the same compact footprint and full functionality while adding support for DSD and DXD digital music files thanks to a new digital-to-analog converter (DAC).
The MXA80 features a 50 watt stereo amplifier and a pair of specially designed 2-way desktop speakers that achieve a remarkably rich and full bodied level of performance for their size. A total of six inputs – 4 digital and 2 analog – allow you to connect your music sources. The USB input accepts PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz and supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 along with DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz. Our exclusive MCT input offers a secure DSD connection to enjoy the high definition audio on SACDs when paired with the MCT450 SACD/CD Transport.
A dedicated headphone amplifier is available for those times when you want to listen to your music more intimately. It takes advantage of unique McIntosh technologies so that every headphone yields the best possible personal listening experience. Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®) brings added dimension to your music while Power Guard® prevents clipping that could damage your speakers or headphones. A 5 step Bass Boost Control allows for further tonal customization.
The MXA80's compact size makes it a great audio system for an office, bedroom or vacation house. Combine it with the similarly-sized MB50 Streaming Audio Player and MP100 Phono Preamplifier to form the basis of a complete audio system. The amplifier is housed in a beautiful polished stainless steel chassis that compliments the classic glass front panel, knobs and brushed aluminum end caps; the speakers come with a luxurious, high gloss piano black finish.
- Power Output per Channel: 50 Watts
- Speaker Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005%
- System Driver Complement: One 4 inch Woofer/Midrange, One 3/4 inch Dome Tweeter
- Impedance: 8 Ohms Nominal
- Frequency Response: 60Hz - 45kHz
- Power Handling: 75 Watts
- Enclosure Finish: High Gloss Black
Headphone Power Output: High Selection: 1W, Normal Selection: 250mW
- Headphone Output: 1 (1/4")
- High Level Inputs Unbalanced: 1 Stereo
- High Level Inputs Balanced: 1 Stereo
- Digital Coaxial Input: 1
- Digital Optical Input: 1
- Digital MCT (DIN) Input: 1
- Digital USB Input: 1
- Preamplifier Output: 1 Stereo
- Tone Controls: 5 Step Bass Boost Control: 0 to +12.5dB (in 2.5dB steps) @ 40Hz
- Output Meters: Yes
- Vacuum Tube or Solid State: Solid State
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 23-1/4" (59.1cm) x 10-7/8" (27.62cm) x 19" (48.3cm)
- Weight: 50 lbs (22.6 kg)