The D150 digital stereo preamplifier supports many of the newest digital audio formats such as DSD and DXD. A USB input accepts up to 32-bit/384kHz signals and supports DSD64, DSD128, DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz. Two coaxial and two optical inputs accept up to 24-bit/192kHz signals. It is a simple solution to add the latest digital music formats to your existing system.
Balanced and unbalanced connections are available for both variable and fixed volume audio outputs, providing flexibility in setting up and connecting your system. Or simply add an amplifier, a pair of speakers and a digital source for a complete digital based stereo system. For enjoying SACDs, the unique DIN input connects to select McIntosh models with a DIN output - like the MCT450 SACD/CD transport - to deliver the purist possible sound quality. It's also flexible enough to be used as a headphone amplifier; just connect your digital sources and a pair of headphones, such as the MHP1000 for a personal listening experience.
The D150 uses the same revered DAC as the D100, featuring an 8 channel, 32-bit, 500kHz D/A converter with wide dynamic range and extremely low distortion. Eight channel D/A converter is used in stereo Quad Balanced mode. Music at all levels is reproduced with extreme precision and elegance. A 1/8” mini jack is provided for control data from the data output jack of a McIntosh preamp or A/V Control Center. It shares the classic façade, knobs and handcrafted black-glass front panels as all other McIntosh components in a small form factor of just under 4" in height.
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.0015%
- Frequency Response: +/-0.5dB from 4Hz to 20,000Hz
- Frequency Response: +0.5/-3dB from 4Hz to 68,000Hz (Source dependent)
- Headphone Output: Yes 1/4", High Drive
- Inputs Unbalanced: 6 Stereo + 2 Phono
- Inputs Balanced: No
- Outputs Unbalanced: Yes
- Variable Outputs Unbalanced: 1 Stereo
- Variable Outputs Balanced: 1 Stereo
- Digital USB Input: 1 (2.0, 32/192 Asynchronous) 44.1kHz to 384kHz, 32-Bit (PCM) DSD64, DSD128, DXD352.8kHz, DXD384kHz
- Digital Coaxial Input: 2
- Digital Optical Input: 2
- Digital DIN Input: 1
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17.5" (44.45cm) x 3-7/8" (9.8cm) x 16" (40.64cm)