The C52 is the most advanced, single chassis solid state preamplifier McIntosh has ever made. This feature packed stereo preamp lets you connect virtually any of your analog components and digital music sources, including those that play the latest high resolution formats such as DSD files – to one easy-to-use device to enjoy them all.
For connecting analog devices, it includes 3 balanced and 4 unbalanced fully assignable inputs plus 1 each of Moving Coil and Moving Magnet phono inputs for connecting a turntable and enjoying your vinyl collection. On the digital side, it has 3 optical, 2 coaxial and 1 USB input. The optical and coax inputs will decode digital music at up to 24-bit/192kHz for high resolution audio playback. The C52 is also capable of decoding and playing back DSD files for the latest in high fidelity performance; the USB input accepts PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz and supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 plus DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz. An MCT input offers a secure, custom DSD connection for playback of the high definition audio found on SACDs when paired with the MCT450 SACD/CD Transport to deliver the purist possible sound quality from your CD library. The C52 features a 24-bit/192kHz, DSD digital-to-analog-converter (DAC).
New to the C52 is that all inputs are available all of the time, even if you assign certain inputs to certain devices, giving you more freedom to configure your system the way you want. The outputs have also been updated to be easier to operate when bi-amping or tri-amping so that your highs and/or lows are not inadvertently turned off. An 8 band analog equalizer allows you to fine tune your various music sources just the way you like. For headphone listening, an added dimension can be brought to your music with the addition of Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®). The Home Theater Pass Through feature allows for seamless integration into your multi-channel home theater system.
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.003%
- Frequency Response: +0, -0.5dB from 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Frequency Response: +0, -3dB from 10Hz to 100,000Hz
- Headphone Output: Yes 1/4", High Drive with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®)
- Inputs Unbalanced: 4 Stereo + 2 Phono
- Inputs Balanced: 3 Stereo
- Variable Outputs Unbalanced: 3 Stereo
- Variable Outputs Balanced: 3 Stereo
- Digital USB Input: 1 (accepts PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz; supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 plus DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz)
- Digital Coaxial Input: 2
- Digital Optical Input: 3
- Digital MCT Input: 1
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17.5" (44.45cm) x 7.6" (19.37cm) x 18" (45.72cm)
- Weight: 27.5 lbs (12.5 kg)