Featuring a cool, 1960s retro design, the C22 has been updated to modern standards to deliver a performance on par with any other McIntosh preamp. Electromagnetic input switching provides reliable, noiseless and distortion free operation. Low distortion levels of all types are less than 0.08%, allowing music to be presented with total transparency and accuracy.
A total of 10 inputs include 2 balanced and 6 unbalanced along with Moving Coil and Moving Magnet phono input sections with selectable resistance and capacitive loading so every phono cartridge and turntable can be perfectly matched to produce the best sound. Outputs are comprised of 1 set of balanced and 3 sets of unbalanced connections. Bass and Treble tone controls with bypass feature allow you to listen to your favorite songs at your preferred tonal balance. Power control outputs will turn a complete McIntosh system on or off using the front panel or remote control.
While featuring a retro look, timeless McIntosh design cues such as a partial black glass front panel, knobs and brushed aluminum end caps allows the C22 to seamlessly blend in with other McIntosh components to create one cohesive system.
- Ultra Low Distortion: 0.08%
- Frequency Response: +0, -0.5dB from 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Frequency Response: +0, -1dB from 10Hz to 100,000Hz
- Headphone Output: Yes 1/4"
- Inputs Unbalanced: 6 Stereo + 2 Phono
- Inputs Balanced: 2 Stereo
- Variable Outputs Unbalanced: 3 Stereo
- Variable Outputs Balanced: 3 Stereo
- Phono Moving Magnet: Yes, adjustable loading
- Phono Moving Coil: Yes, adjustable loading
- Record Processor Loop: Yes
- Input Level Match: Yes
- Home Theater Pass Through: No
- Tube or Solid State: Tube, 6 ea. 12AX7a
- Tone Controls: Bass and Treble
- Output Meters: No
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17.5" (44.45cm) x 6" (15.24cm) x 18" (45.72cm) x 18" (45.72cm)