MartinLogan's dedicated in-house engineering team started by utilizing and refining the most advanced, compact technologies and combining them with innovative engineering. The result is an emotionally engaging sound that rivals (and most times trounces) traditional loudspeakers of similar size and price.
Folded Motion® Tweeters
The signature Folded Motion tweeters utilize extremely low mass diaphragms that "squeeze" air, and require significantly less excursion than the typical 1-inch dome tweeter, which drastically minimizes distortion while providing a lightning fast response time. The increased surface area also provides a wide, yet controlled sound dispersion to create a realistic and carefully etched sound stage.
Motion 15 is available in three luxurious high-gloss finishes; Piano Black, White or Black Cherrywood. The high-gloss black cherrywood finish has deep cherry undertones and appears almost black in low light, giving them a unique and understated elegance that blends into any environment.
Made in North America. Priced for a single speaker.
- Frequency Response: 60–25,000 Hz ±3dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20 - 200 watts per channel
- Horizontal Dispersion: 80°
- Vertical Dispersion: 80°
- Sensitivity: 92 dB/2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance: 5 Ohms Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Crossover Frequency: 2,700 Hz
- High Frequency Transducer: 1" × 1.4" (2.6cm × 3.6cm) Folded Motion Transducer with 5.25" × 1.75" (13.3cm × 4.4cm) diaphragm
- Low Frequency Transducer: 5.25” (13.3cm) aluminum cone with cast basket. Non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format. Rigid structured dust cap to reduce cone break-up modes.
- Components: Custom air core coil and low DCR steel laminate inductors. Polypropylene film capacitors in series and low DF electrolytic capacitors in parallel. Overall system thermal/current protection.
- Inputs: Custom 5-way tool-less binding posts
- Weight: 12 lbs. (5.4 kg)
- Dimensions: 11.4" x 6.8" x 9.5 " (29cm x 17.3cm x 24cm)