Partnering once again with Dr. Sean Jacobs, a new power supply architecture was designed exclusively for the Statement. The power supply is distributed between two enclosures, with one enclosure containing the AC/DC conversion stage and the other containing the regulation stage together with the server components.
The advantage is clear: regulated “clean” power traverses a very short path, soldered point to point, with the least impedance and exposure to EMI. This is superior in efficiency compared to a traditional architecture where a separate power supply is used – regulated “clean” power needs to go through more obstacles of internal cabling, output connectors, cable, input connectors and more internal cable before it reaches its destination.
8 INDEPENDENT LINEAR PSU RAILS
Each critical component of the server receives its own dedicated power supply from one of the 8 independent power rails, further preventing component cross-contamination. Of particular note is the use of a dedicated power supply for each of the Ethernet and USB high-precision OCXO clocks, ensuring these clocks work at their best.
The motherboard has been fully EMI-optimized to our own exclusive design by, removing any unnecessary, noise-generating components capable of compromising audio. A fully-customized BIOS ensures the hardware works at its lowest noise without impairing performance. Further EMI treatment is then applied to the motherboard so that EMI is absorbed rather than reflected to other components.
CUSTOM-DESIGNED ETHERNET AND USB RE-CLOCKER
Not fully satisfied with existing USB and Ethernet re-clocking designs, Innuos designed in-house their own boards for this purpose.
At the heart of the design are 3 principles: The use of very high-precision OCXO clocks for timing the signals, extreme care in powering important components preventing cross-contamination, and extremely short paths between components.
While apthe use of OCXO clocks is not new, the way they are powered and the layout of the board has proven to be extremely important for their performance. As an example, dozens of USB controllers were analyzed in terms of how they were powered and clocked so that they allowed this control to be done externally. The USB Controller is regulated by no less than 3 ultra-low noise regulators, one per independent voltage.
Keeping the clock very close to the controllers, via a dedicated track on the board itself, helps to avoid the losses in signal quality that come with the use of external clock units.
10MM CNC-MACHINED ALUMINIUM CHASSIS
Housed in a casing of 10mm-thick CNC-machined aluminium, the Statement is not just a pretty face. The thick metal enclosure helps to isolate external EMI, and its weight helps dampen harmful vibration into the system. By using a double-enclosure design, it also helps to contain the vibration effects of the massive 540VA toroidal transformer at its heart.
TWO PSU OPTIONS Standard PSU
- 8 Independent Linear Rails
- Each critical component of the server receives its own dedicated power supply from one of the 8 independent power rails, further preventing component cross-contamination. Of particular note is the use of a dedicated power supply for each of the Ethernet and USB high- precision OCXO clocks, ensuring these clocks work at their best.
- Custom ARC6 AC/DC modules with high-precision
- Active Rectifier board, 10mH DC Choke and 4 times the capacitance. ·· Significantly lower PSU impedance.
- All rails using new Audio Note KAISEI capacitors.
- Boosted CPU current.
- New Adaptive Vibration Control platform using Panzerholz wood.
- Digital Output:
- Re-clocked USB 2.0 supporting USB Audio Class 2, DoP, Native DSD and MQA
- Re-clocked dedicated Ethernet Streamer Port
- Ethernet: 2 x rear panel RJ45 – Bridged Gigabit Ethernet
- USB: 2x USB 2.0 (1x re-clocked, 1x non-reclocked), 1x USB 3.0 (Backup)
- CD Formats: Red Book
- Disc Compatibility: CD, CD-R, CD-RW
- Audio format for stored CDs: FLAC (zero compression), WAV
- Audio Formats Supported for streaming and playing: WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, AAC, MP3, MQA (with supported DACs)
- Sample Rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4KHz. 192kHz, 352.8KHz, 384KHz, DSD64, DSD128, Native DSD up to DSD512 on selected DACs
- Bit Depths: 16bit, 24bit, 32bit
- Web Interface: Web Browsers from iOS, Android (4.0 and up) or up-to-date Windows and OS X browsers
- Mobile: App for iPhone/iPad, Android and Windows 10
- CD/DVD Drive: TEAC Slot-loading drive
- Hard Drive: 1TB SSD with Vibration and EMI treatment
- CPU: Intel Quad Core N4200
- Memory: 8GB DDR3 Low-Voltage RAM (4GB Dedicated for RAM Playback)
- UPnP/DLNA Integrated UPnP Server
- Streaming Services: Qobuz, Tidal, Radio Paradise, Internet Radio
- Roon Compatibility: Roon Core and Roon Endpoint
- Average CD Storage Time: 5 minutes
- CD Metadata:
- FreeDB, MusicBrainz, Discogs, GD3
- Sonos Multi-room Wireless Music System
- DLNA/UPnP compatible devices
- Compatible Music Systems:
- USB DACs complying to USB Audio Class 2
- USB DACs supporting DSD over DoP protocol
- Selected USB DACs supporting Native DSD
- Internet connection to access album metadata when storing CDs, Internet Radio, Streaming Services and software updates
- Network router with at least one available ethernet port
- Premium subscription required for some streaming services such as Spotify, Qobuz and Tidal
- Recommended App (USB Connection Only): iPeng 9 (iOS), OrangeSqueeze (Android), Squeeze Control (Windows 10)
- Mains Supply: 230V AC / 115V AC – 8x Internal Linear Power Supply
- Power Consumption: 20W when idle, 35W peak
- Server: 420mm x 352mm x 88mm (W x D x H)
- Power: 420mm x 352mm x 102mm (W x D x H)
- Server: 8.2kg
- Power: 13.4kg
Available in Black or Silver finish. Available in 1TB SSD, 2TB SSD, 4TB SSD or 8TB SSD. Please see ordering options.
Longer Umbilical Cord Upgrade for connection between Statement's main unit & PSU sold separately.In the box: