The MC1-H is a step-up transformer designed specifically for “high output” moving coil cartridges where the output voltage is significantly lower than a typical moving magnet cartridge (which is about 5mV). Cartidges in this category include the:
Benz Micro MC Silver
Any high output mc cartridge with an output voltage in the range 0.8mV to 1.8mV will benefit from an increased signal level and improved signal-to-noise ratio when used with the MC1-H. Cartridges in the range 1.8mV to 2.5mV may also benefit from the MC1-H.
- Turns Ratio: 1:3.2
- Voltage Gain: 10dB (x3.2)
- Input Impedance*: 400 ohms
- Optimum Load Impedance**: 47k + 150pF
- Bandwidth: 5Hz - 36kHz (+0/-3dB)
- Cartridge Compatibility (o/p): 0.8mV - 1.8mV (ideal), 1.8mV - 2.5mV (acceptable)
- Cartridge Compatibility (imp.): internal impedance <200 ohms
- Dimensions: 60 x 155 x 92 mm
- Weight: 580g
*This is the load presented to the cartridge.
**This is the optimum load for the transformer, ie the input impedance of the phonostage that the MC1-H feeds into.