The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon features easy setup, quality parts, high quality engineering and Pro-Ject quality. This turntable will sound much better than your typical plastic-based, entry level turntable. The Debut Carbon features a carbon-fiber tonearm with integrated headshell and pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Red cartridge (a very popular cartridge for audiophiles). The MDF body (medium density fiberboard) is the same material used in high-end turntables and features a decoupled motor (motor is connected to the body by a suspension system). All this equates to an environment that produces little resonance / vibration to interfere with your listening experience. The Debut Carbon will deliver consistent and rich sound.
The DC model is a new upgrade (released late 2014) to the already popular Debut Carbon turntable. The DC model features a new DC motor which offers a more stable speed playback and uses less energy when in idle. The motor suspension has also been upgraded using a new TPE construction (thermo plastic elastomer, a material found in Pro-Ject's high-end models). The Esprit SB features a built-in Speed Box which gives you button control of 33 / 45rpm playback. The standard metal platter is replaced by the popular Acrylic platter which is known to improve sound quality (and aesthetics).
- T8.6" Carbon tube tone-arm
- Manual, belt drive operation
- Plays 33 / 45 rpm records
- Base made of MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard, a very dense engineered wood material)
- 12" balanced steel platter
- Low-tolerance chrome-plated stainless-steel axle runs on a polished ball bearing in a brass bearing housing
- Motor decoupled to reduce vibration
- Resonance damping feet
- Available in Piano Black, Red, or White glossy high lacquer finish.
- Power supply: 110/120 or 230/240 Volt - 50 or 60 Hz
- Dimensions: 415 x 118 x 320 mm / 16.34 x 4.65 x 12.6 inches
- Weight: 5.6 kg / 12.35 lbs
- Ortofon 2M Red Cartridge
- Felt platter mat
FREE SHIPPING ON THIS PRODUCT!